The app was built in debug mode (Google Play)

Hello! I use corona SDK 28 API level and try to upload my app in play console (Google PLay) but I get error: “Your app was built in debug mode”.

​How can I to fix it? 

You have to create a “release” keystore. You can’t use the default “Debug” keystore. Once you create your own keystore, you use it to build your app then you can submit it to Google.

Keep in mind. If you loose your keystore or forget your password, you will not be able to update your app on Google Play… ever… So store the keystore file in a place where you remember putting it. Back it up. Remember your password(s) used when making it.

There are plenty of posts about using Java’s “keytool” (“keytool.exe on Windows”) to make keystore files.  Search Google, the forums, and our building and signing guide for Android.

Rob

You have to create a “release” keystore. You can’t use the default “Debug” keystore. Once you create your own keystore, you use it to build your app then you can submit it to Google.

Keep in mind. If you loose your keystore or forget your password, you will not be able to update your app on Google Play… ever… So store the keystore file in a place where you remember putting it. Back it up. Remember your password(s) used when making it.

There are plenty of posts about using Java’s “keytool” (“keytool.exe on Windows”) to make keystore files.  Search Google, the forums, and our building and signing guide for Android.

Rob