The password for alias androiddebugkey was not valid, or the Java JDK was not found

I am having the same problem. Can you tell me exactly how you fixed the .net library? I tried redownloading the .net platform and it did not work. I have 32 bit java v25 both the runtime and the sdk. [import]uid: 55057 topic_id: 6814 reply_id: 34594[/import]

@ricebowl1988

I reinstalled windows from a backup disk. If you have one, you can also try the repair option instead.

If that fails, this may help you:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306160

Frank [import]uid: 31039 topic_id: 6814 reply_id: 34597[/import]

I wanted to post my simple, yet effective solution when I was getting the error "The password for androiddebugkey (or debug.keystore) at “Some Path” is not valid.

Driving me crazy, because the password “android” always worked for me.

I stumbled upon this post, and saw something about version mismatch. So I then decided to uninstall all my Javas, and reinstalled just one (in this case, jdk-6u27-windows-i586.exe).

After verifying my JAVA_HOME was set to the correct directory, ran it again with only one Java installed, and it worked without me even having to enter passwords again. Thanks! [import]uid: 7721 topic_id: 6814 reply_id: 88251[/import]

Thanks for sharing ETdoFresh!

Just to let you know, the Corona Simulator for Windows does not require that the JAVA_HOME or PATH environment variables be set. That was only required of the early BETA versions of the software over a year ago, but the first release version (build #484) was simplified to “just work”. [import]uid: 32256 topic_id: 6814 reply_id: 88445[/import]

Invalid Key Alias Password?

Hi All,

I’m unsure if this is exactly the same issue but I’m trying to use a signed code cert private key. I’ve downloaded my cert and ran the key tool as follows…

keytool -import -trustcacerts -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000 -alias awechsler -file awechsler.crt -keystore awechsler.jks

The keystone is created successfully and then I startup the Corona Simulator. I goto build for Amazon/Kindle fill in all the fields, select my new keystore & place the password. The first prompt for the password seems to accept it, however once the build process starts I get a second prompt for the key alias password. I re-enter the same password and and it keeps telling me that the password for the key alias awechsler was not valid.

To my understanding the password for the keystone & the key alias are the same. I was not prompted for a second pw when creating the keystore?

FYI, I’m running on a Mac, Corona build 2012.797

Thanks
Alex

[import]uid: 119146 topic_id: 6814 reply_id: 108237[/import]

Alex,

Have a look at Google’s official documentation on how to create a keystore file via the link below. It provides an example on how to generate this file from the command line.
http://developer.android.com/guide/publishing/app-signing.html#signapp

Afterwards, have a look at our documentation on how to use it and do builds with Corona via the link below.
http://developer.anscamobile.com/content/building-devices-android

I hope this helps! [import]uid: 32256 topic_id: 6814 reply_id: 108359[/import]

Joshua,

I had gone through this documentation but the problem I have is that I’m not generating a self-signed private key but rather importing a CACert signed key. Thus rather then generating the key I download my code signing cert from CACert.org and import it into a keystore. I then attempt to build with that keystore as outlined in the Ansca documentation but am prompted for the key alias password which is not the same as my keystore password. That is the crux of the issue, because I only enter one password when creating the keystore, thus I have no idea what else the key alias password could be?

Thanks
Alex [import]uid: 119146 topic_id: 6814 reply_id: 108362[/import]

I think you need to use the “-keypass” argument to provide the password for your certificate file. I did a quick search on the Internet and found something similar to what you are doing here…
http://aliok.wordpress.com/2011/06/04/using-your-ssl-certificate-on-glassfish-3/ [import]uid: 32256 topic_id: 6814 reply_id: 108367[/import]

Joshua,

I just wanted to post an update and include a README I’ve started to compile in regarding CA Certs. Although I know that much of this process is not controlled by Ansca it’s been a very frustrating path to follow. In regards to the link you placed above, I believe that this is fine for SSL certificates BUT I don’t think it applies to Code Signing Certificates. Please see (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/78869/java-code-signing-certificates-same-as-ssl-certificate).

That said the link you provided did clue me into the fact that I need to add the CA’s root key to the keystore in order to validate my Cert (Thanks for that). The problem here is if this is the keystore for the App or if I have to load it onto the device which becomes ridiculous since I have no way of doing this for others. Please see README below for more …

*********************************************************************************************
* The process of creating a CA Code Signing certificate has been rediculously complicated.
* I attempted to import the root certs and my Code Signing cert into a keystore, HOWEVER
* there are three issues which are preventing me from going forward with this right now :
* 1) Certificate Validity / Expiration:
* Per Google the cert must be valid for > 25 years. Most CA expire within 2-3
* Unsure if an expired cert can still be valid, etc
* 2) Unable to set the keyalias password for my CACert Code Signing certificate.
* I have yet to find where to set this password, I’ve attempted several command
* line variations, but I get the feeling this MUST be done before the cert is
* issued from CACert.
* 3) It appears that I must import CACert’s root certificate onto the device
* otherwise the Code signing cert can not be validated & the app will not run.
* This is fine if I can simply add the cert to the apps keystore, BUT will be
* impossible to implement if I have to add the root cert to the devices
* system keystore.
* (i.e. see https://wiki.cacert.org/FAQ/ImportRootCert#Android_Phones
********************************************************************************************* [import]uid: 119146 topic_id: 6814 reply_id: 108464[/import]

Thanks for sharing this information. I’m sure it will be useful to others. I’m sorry I couldn’t be more helpful on this subject. [import]uid: 32256 topic_id: 6814 reply_id: 108521[/import]

I also got this query flogged, although before that I managed to build the application several times.

Corona Version 2020.3583
Java SE Development KIT version 11.0.7 (64-bit).

I read several topics on a similar issue, but nothing helped me.
I tried reinstalling Corona and Java. I tried to restart the computer. I tried to move the key to a different folder.

Who can help me?

This thread is over 8 years old. Please make a new thread.

Also, try using jdk-8u131 as is instructed in the documentation.

Sorry, I just did not want to create duplicate topics. The problem is exactly the same. If you install jdk-8u131, then another error appears during the build. This second error was just solved by installing a suitable Java, in my case, the assembly turned out only on version 11.

The problem is solved (for now). Found in the environment variable Path the path to openSSL was specified. Deleted it and now build works.