The Project file Cannot be opened

I installed corona cards build 2879 on visual studio 2015 community version as well as Enterprise version
But whenever I tried to create a new project from visual c# template of corona sdk I got the following error:

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5534]

“The Project File (Directory) cannot be opened.
and some error of project missing subtype.”
I updated the visual studio to latest version but still got the same issue.

Operating System Windows 10 pro with latest update.

.netFramework 4.6

I tried to :

1. repair the visual studio installation.
  2. uninstall and reinstall the corona cards extension from Visual Studio.
  3. install corona cards from daily builds latest version

but got same error again and Again.

It’s an installation issue.  For whatever reason, the Visual Studio extension is not fully installed.  I’m thinking when you unzipped our CoronaCards extension, it wasn’t fully unzipped.  There is an “unblock” option that you have to check on the zip file’s Properties window to allow the Windows OS to unzip *all* of its content.  This is typically only an issue when unzipping via the Windows’ OS and from the Internet.

Try this:

1. Uninstall the CoronaCards extension according to our instructions here.

https://docs.coronalabs.com/coronacards/wp8/uninstall.html

1. Download the newest CoronaCards daily build from here…

https://developer.coronalabs.com/downloads/daily-builds/

1. Right click on the downloaded zip file.

2. Click on Properties from the popup menu.

3. Go to the “General” tab.

4. Click the Unblock button. (Or check the Unblock checkbox on Windows 10).

5. Click the OK button.

6. Unzip the CoronaCards zip file.

7. Make sure all Visual Studio windows are closed.

8. Install the CoronaCards extension.

I found no check box or unblock button in the properties window of that zip file , I tried to open with both windows explorer as well as winrar but found no option of block or unblock. And i am sure all of its contents were extracted successfully , otherwise installation of corona cards might be unsuccessful. but it went well and no error during the installation of extension.

The Unblock button/checkbox only appears on files that need unblocking (freshly downloaded from the Internet).  If you don’t see this option, then that’s not the issue.

And are you sure you have Windows Phone Silverlight installed in Visual Studio?  That’s a checkbox option that you usually see during the installation of Microsoft Visual Studio.  You can re-run this process by going to your “Add/Remove Programs” window, selecting Visual Studio in the installed app list, and clicking the Modify button.  Normally, you cannot install a WP8 Visual Studio extension if you don’t have the WP8 framework installed (it would block you), but there is clearly something wrong with your system’s Visual Studio installation.

I have installed Windows Phone Silverlight by following the above mentioned procedure but still in vain. There is no error with the installation of Visual Studio because other templates are working fine except corona sdk.
I have tried on both 2013 and 2015 version of Visual Studio but getting the same error.
If you feel it is not error in Corona Extension then Kindly refer this issue to Microsoft.
Should I submit this issue to Visual Studio Forums?.

Final Screen after repairing setup of Visual Studio

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5540]

The “C089C8C0-30E0-4E22-80C0-CE093F111A43” you see in your error message is a GUID (aka: Gloybally Unique Identifier) referencing Visual Studio’s “Windows Phone 8 C#” SDK.  That is what’s missing from your Visual Studio installation.  And this would prevent you from creating a “Windows Phone Silverlight” project via Microsoft’s project templates too.

To confirm, try the following:

1. Click Visual Studio’s “File\New\Project” menu item.
  2. In the “New Project” dialog, select the “Installed” tab on the left.
  3. Select “Templates\Visual C#\Windows\Windows 8\Windows Phone” in the tree on the left. (Under Installed.)
  4. Click on “Blank App (Windows Phone Silverlight)” from the middle list.
  5. Click the OK button to create the project.

If the Windows Phone 8 SDK is missing from your Visual Studio installation, the above will fail to generate a project… or perhaps not be listed.  I’m pretty sure this is the issue that you’re facing.  For Visual Studio 2015, the feature you want to check-on during installation is “Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.0/8.1 Tools”.  If it’s already checked then try unchecking it, update the installation, then check it on again, and update the installation again.  My thinking is that Visual Studio might *think* it’s installed, but it’s not since you’re seeing this error.

Thank you very much problem Solved
every thing was fine without “Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.0/8.1 Tools”
I just updated visual studio to install these tools and finally it worked.

It’s an installation issue.  For whatever reason, the Visual Studio extension is not fully installed.  I’m thinking when you unzipped our CoronaCards extension, it wasn’t fully unzipped.  There is an “unblock” option that you have to check on the zip file’s Properties window to allow the Windows OS to unzip *all* of its content.  This is typically only an issue when unzipping via the Windows’ OS and from the Internet.

Try this:

1. Uninstall the CoronaCards extension according to our instructions here.

https://docs.coronalabs.com/coronacards/wp8/uninstall.html

1. Download the newest CoronaCards daily build from here…

https://developer.coronalabs.com/downloads/daily-builds/

1. Right click on the downloaded zip file.

2. Click on Properties from the popup menu.

3. Go to the “General” tab.

4. Click the Unblock button. (Or check the Unblock checkbox on Windows 10).

5. Click the OK button.

6. Unzip the CoronaCards zip file.

7. Make sure all Visual Studio windows are closed.

8. Install the CoronaCards extension.

I found no check box or unblock button in the properties window of that zip file , I tried to open with both windows explorer as well as winrar but found no option of block or unblock. And i am sure all of its contents were extracted successfully , otherwise installation of corona cards might be unsuccessful. but it went well and no error during the installation of extension.

The Unblock button/checkbox only appears on files that need unblocking (freshly downloaded from the Internet).  If you don’t see this option, then that’s not the issue.

And are you sure you have Windows Phone Silverlight installed in Visual Studio?  That’s a checkbox option that you usually see during the installation of Microsoft Visual Studio.  You can re-run this process by going to your “Add/Remove Programs” window, selecting Visual Studio in the installed app list, and clicking the Modify button.  Normally, you cannot install a WP8 Visual Studio extension if you don’t have the WP8 framework installed (it would block you), but there is clearly something wrong with your system’s Visual Studio installation.

I have installed Windows Phone Silverlight by following the above mentioned procedure but still in vain. There is no error with the installation of Visual Studio because other templates are working fine except corona sdk.
I have tried on both 2013 and 2015 version of Visual Studio but getting the same error.
If you feel it is not error in Corona Extension then Kindly refer this issue to Microsoft.
Should I submit this issue to Visual Studio Forums?.

Final Screen after repairing setup of Visual Studio

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5540]

The “C089C8C0-30E0-4E22-80C0-CE093F111A43” you see in your error message is a GUID (aka: Gloybally Unique Identifier) referencing Visual Studio’s “Windows Phone 8 C#” SDK.  That is what’s missing from your Visual Studio installation.  And this would prevent you from creating a “Windows Phone Silverlight” project via Microsoft’s project templates too.

To confirm, try the following:

1. Click Visual Studio’s “File\New\Project” menu item.
  2. In the “New Project” dialog, select the “Installed” tab on the left.
  3. Select “Templates\Visual C#\Windows\Windows 8\Windows Phone” in the tree on the left. (Under Installed.)
  4. Click on “Blank App (Windows Phone Silverlight)” from the middle list.
  5. Click the OK button to create the project.

If the Windows Phone 8 SDK is missing from your Visual Studio installation, the above will fail to generate a project… or perhaps not be listed.  I’m pretty sure this is the issue that you’re facing.  For Visual Studio 2015, the feature you want to check-on during installation is “Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.0/8.1 Tools”.  If it’s already checked then try unchecking it, update the installation, then check it on again, and update the installation again.  My thinking is that Visual Studio might *think* it’s installed, but it’s not since you’re seeing this error.

Thank you very much problem Solved
every thing was fine without “Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.0/8.1 Tools”
I just updated visual studio to install these tools and finally it worked.