'The Recycler' - Corona Blitz

Hi all! :slight_smile:

Here’s my submission for the first Corona Blitz!  Thanks to Corona Labs and Toz Software for putting this together.

Idea:

I had the idea that I wanted to do a trash recycling type game, where
trash would fall into the bin, and you would have to lift the bin, and
tilt it to get the trash out, but not throw away the bin.

Tools used:

Inkscape: All graphics

TexturePacker

Physics Editor

Glider IDE

Tools not used still worth mentioning:

Spine-- well I always ‘want’ to use it , but i knew I didn’t have time for cool animations!

Particle Candy - Always a nice touch when applied delicately :wink:

Here’s the breakdown of Time:

Hour 0:00 - 0:45  Idea, Created Art in Inkscape, exported art,  created spritesheets

Hour 0:45 - 1:15  Setting up basic project, testing first sprite, created physics objects

Hour 1:15 - 1:45  Got the trash bin on the screen, and trash falling into it!

Hour 1:45 - 2:30  Setting up Trash truck, wheels, joints, and buttons to give wheels movement.

Hour 2:30 - 3:30  Added sensor to inside of truck, scoring mechanism, tried several mechanics for a ‘lift arm’

Hour 3:30 - 4:00  Realized that I would not get the arm mechanism in, removed it, and placed the bin on the right so that you can run it down.

After 4 short hours, I wound up with a trash truck that
has a terrible engine , that can score points by catching bottles and
cans in it’s dumpster.  :slight_smile:

Artwork:

2013-08-24_16-26-53.png

Early vid at about 1:45 in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pT3eE0cAFM

Gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmaqXcJ6LJI

Gameplay with Physics Debug on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-psOEhQhbk

github:

https://github.com/SK-Ray/coronaBlitz1–The-Recycler

* * * Special shout-out to the IRC room folks  in #corona on irc.freenode.net :

Batgirl,

LavaLevel,

Tyraziel,

lKinx,

Goosh,

GreenCastle,

Lerg,

Rakoonik,

Witcher,

Alestane,

Treser2,

Hendrix, etc, etc, etc, etc. 

Thanks also to Corona Geek, His panel (B.Burton, E.Maurina / Roaming Gamer, guests, etc)

And also to JesterXL , and StarCrunch for their awesome contributions to the community.

The list is long because there are always a lot of folks ready to help, or listen!

-Ray

Very cool entry!  Hopefully people by now know that I’m also known as Tyraziel in the IRC chat, so thanks for the shout out!

Thanks, Tyraziel!  I like your entry as well.  Are you going to continue development on it?

It’s great to see so many folks participate in the Blitz ! :) 

For anyone who doesn’t know, I’m [SK]Ray in the IRC.

Grab an IRC client and join the #corona room on irc.freenode.net!

My wife liked my entry, probably because we spent many a night while we were dating and married playing yoshis cookie. It’s a game that we were quite evenly matched in. I’d have to make significant changes to the game though. Different modes, etc. It would probably still be considered a yoshis cookie clone. I’d like to tackle multiplayer, but corona doesn’t have Bluetooth support yet… but there is LUA socket.

I’m also really happy with the number of participants!

Very cool entry!  Hopefully people by now know that I’m also known as Tyraziel in the IRC chat, so thanks for the shout out!

Thanks, Tyraziel!  I like your entry as well.  Are you going to continue development on it?

It’s great to see so many folks participate in the Blitz ! :) 

For anyone who doesn’t know, I’m [SK]Ray in the IRC.

Grab an IRC client and join the #corona room on irc.freenode.net!

My wife liked my entry, probably because we spent many a night while we were dating and married playing yoshis cookie. It’s a game that we were quite evenly matched in. I’d have to make significant changes to the game though. Different modes, etc. It would probably still be considered a yoshis cookie clone. I’d like to tackle multiplayer, but corona doesn’t have Bluetooth support yet… but there is LUA socket.

I’m also really happy with the number of participants!