The Rise And Fall Of RevMob?

Hi all,

I came across this post from July 2012:

http://iphonedevsdk.com/forum/promotion-techniques/105244-yet-another-indie-developer-s-game-promotion-problem-p4.html

You’ll need to scroll down just a little. 

Those stats are before my time - but it seems the heady days of RevMob are gone. Checking my RevMob numbers this morning I’ve had no installs in the last 8219 impressions with 652 clicks - CTR rate of 7.9%. My eCPM is $0.66 purely from CPC.

Is everyone else experiencing this? I recall Otter Studios posting up their RevMob figures quite some time ago on these forums. 40K impressions with $50-70 per day income if my memory serves correctly. Is anyone getting installs on RevMob these days or is it largely CPC with them now?

Best,

Martin.

Hi,

I was wondering the same thing. For me the earnings started to drop a month ago. I assumed that there was a bug on their system that didn’t show the installs right, since I was still getting credited with $0.3 per my estimated installs.

Maybe they just don’t have so many high paying campaigns anymore, and a bug in install reporting. Or they have more ppc campaigns :confused:

Some official clarifications would definitely help us.

@beckslash,

My RevMob figures certainly point toward CPC rather than CPI revenue. IMHO and looking at the RevMob stats in the link in my original post, I think the heady days of RevMob are gone or in decline…

Best,

Martin.

Income still steady on iOS - Android pretty much a waste of time.

@ nick_sherman,

Thanks for confirming that. I’m done with Android too. Could do with the old indie Corona subscription as x-platform is no use to me.

Best,

Martin.

Hi,

I was wondering the same thing. For me the earnings started to drop a month ago. I assumed that there was a bug on their system that didn’t show the installs right, since I was still getting credited with $0.3 per my estimated installs.

Maybe they just don’t have so many high paying campaigns anymore, and a bug in install reporting. Or they have more ppc campaigns :confused:

Some official clarifications would definitely help us.

@beckslash,

My RevMob figures certainly point toward CPC rather than CPI revenue. IMHO and looking at the RevMob stats in the link in my original post, I think the heady days of RevMob are gone or in decline…

Best,

Martin.

Income still steady on iOS - Android pretty much a waste of time.

@ nick_sherman,

Thanks for confirming that. I’m done with Android too. Could do with the old indie Corona subscription as x-platform is no use to me.

Best,

Martin.