Tiled stable build (0.9.1 - 27 July 2013) vs latest daily?

Hi Dyson,

I was just noting the latest stable build for Tiled (the one you download normally) is 0.9.1 (27 July 2013), so actually from several months ago.   I noted there are actually much more recent builds here: http://koboldkit.com/tiled/?C=N;O=D

I wanted to ask:

a) what build do you test against?  I assume it’s the latest stable - e.g. 0.9.1 (27 July 2013) currently

b) are there actually any hidden gems for MTE users if we were to go to the daily builds?  Perhaps a new feature in the Tiled daily build that MTE supports?  (or if you just happen to know the latest Tiled daily build is better re an editor, even if there is no change/increase to the MTE integration)

thanks

I’ve actually been testing against 0.9, because 0.9.1 stopped working recently for me, probably due to my upgrade to OS X Mavericks or something like that a few months back. Now that you mentioned it I’ll have to give 0.9.1 a shot again, see if the problem’s been resolved.

I don’t keep up with Tiled editor development except where new stable builds are concerned, so I’m not aware of any hidden gems in the latest daily builds. Really I tend to focus more effort on expanding MTE’s capabilities on the Corona SDK side of things, relying on Tiled simply as the editor for constructing the maps rather than a source of new functionality.

I’ve actually been testing against 0.9, because 0.9.1 stopped working recently for me, probably due to my upgrade to OS X Mavericks or something like that a few months back. Now that you mentioned it I’ll have to give 0.9.1 a shot again, see if the problem’s been resolved.

I don’t keep up with Tiled editor development except where new stable builds are concerned, so I’m not aware of any hidden gems in the latest daily builds. Really I tend to focus more effort on expanding MTE’s capabilities on the Corona SDK side of things, relying on Tiled simply as the editor for constructing the maps rather than a source of new functionality.