toggleWorldWrap hangs Corona with Tiled latest build (9Feb2014)

Hello

There seems to be an issue with Tiled Daily Builds .tmx output  and mte.toggleWorldWrapX( ), mte.toggleWorldWrapY( ).

If both are true Corona will hang.

If one or none are true it all seems to work.

I’ve attached a file with a .tmx output from Tiled current and daily builds.

Should I stick with the latest release of Tiled rather than the latest build? 

Cheers

I’ll have a look at this today. Me, personally, I tend to avoid daily builds of things. Daily builds can change rapidly, producing errors one day that they did not the previous day. Unless you need a feature only available in the Daily Build, using stable builds/release builds/public builds is best.

This time, the problem was caused by the width and height of the object group being equal to zero. I’m not sure why the problem didn’t show up in my earlier tests. The engine expects width and height to be equal to the width and height of the map. I’ll fix this for the coming patch, have it auto detect these things so you don’t have to manually set it.

Thanks Dyson122

I only went to the most recent daily build because I had some issues with Tiled on the mac after an OS upgrade. But am now using it on the PC and the release build works fine although it isn’t quite as nice.

Will drop back to the release build.

Cheers

Just an FYI, I just put out an update including fixes for this bug. Let me know if it still gives you trouble!

Thanks Dyson

No problems found, works perfectly with Tiled latest release (tiled-2014-03-05-win32-setup).

I’ll have a look at this today. Me, personally, I tend to avoid daily builds of things. Daily builds can change rapidly, producing errors one day that they did not the previous day. Unless you need a feature only available in the Daily Build, using stable builds/release builds/public builds is best.

This time, the problem was caused by the width and height of the object group being equal to zero. I’m not sure why the problem didn’t show up in my earlier tests. The engine expects width and height to be equal to the width and height of the map. I’ll fix this for the coming patch, have it auto detect these things so you don’t have to manually set it.

Thanks Dyson122

I only went to the most recent daily build because I had some issues with Tiled on the mac after an OS upgrade. But am now using it on the PC and the release build works fine although it isn’t quite as nice.

Will drop back to the release build.

Cheers

Just an FYI, I just put out an update including fixes for this bug. Let me know if it still gives you trouble!

Thanks Dyson

No problems found, works perfectly with Tiled latest release (tiled-2014-03-05-win32-setup).