transitions not working

I’m calling a storyboard.gotoScene with the parameters as in the manual. Nothing wrong in the console, but the transitions don’t play. This is the code:

function clickSplash() -- runs when the splash screen is touched  
 local options =  
 {  
 effect = "fade",  
 time = 800,  
 params = { var1 = "custom", myVar = "another" }  
 }  
 storyboard.gotoScene("menuScene",options)  
end  

The scene changes instantly while i wanted it to fade. In the createScene function of the next scene, i have this test line:

print event.params.var1  

This returns “custom” as expected. This leads me to believe that there is nothing wrong with my call to change the scene, but then why is it not transitioning? Am i missing an include or something to make this work? I’m using corona simulator version 2012.971, and it’s not working on my tablet or phone either. [import]uid: 215620 topic_id: 35974 reply_id: 335974[/import]

Let me ask what may seem like a dumb question. In the scene you are going to, do you have all of your scene creation in enterScene() or createScene()? If you do all of your work in enterScene() then a blank scene is transitioned on, then enterScene does it’s work and you will get the illusion that there is no transition going on.
[import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 35974 reply_id: 143052[/import]

All the work is in Createscene, which happens immediately when the button on the splash screen is tapped. Also, if an empty scene was faded to, i’m guessing there would still be some delay between tapping the button, and everything showing up. I’m guessing this isn’t the problem.

Thanks for thinking along though. I have the feeling i’m doing something stupid wrong, so even if your question sounds dumb, i really want to hear it! :slight_smile:
Meanwhile i tried the old code format: storyboard.gotoScene(“menuScene”,“fade”,400). Doesn’t work either. I also tried to smoothly transition my next gotoScenes and tried a bunch of different transition types. Nothing works, everything always goes instant, through the whole game. [import]uid: 215620 topic_id: 35974 reply_id: 143053[/import]

As far as I know all of the transitions should work as billed. Your syntax looks right. Perhaps posting your scene’s might help.
[import]uid: 199310 topic_id: 35974 reply_id: 143058[/import]

I just fixed the problem. When i compared the storyboard template with the version i made, i noticed this line:

local group = self.view

Then i realised i had been inserting all my objects into a group called “view” which i had defined myself. When i transfered everything in both scenes into the “group” group, transitions started working!

Edit - As i suspected, i was just doing something stupid. Thanks for the help! I love the service around here :slight_smile: [import]uid: 215620 topic_id: 35974 reply_id: 143059[/import]

Let me ask what may seem like a dumb question. In the scene you are going to, do you have all of your scene creation in enterScene() or createScene()? If you do all of your work in enterScene() then a blank scene is transitioned on, then enterScene does it’s work and you will get the illusion that there is no transition going on.

All the work is in Createscene, which happens immediately when the button on the splash screen is tapped. Also, if an empty scene was faded to, i’m guessing there would still be some delay between tapping the button, and everything showing up. I’m guessing this isn’t the problem.

Thanks for thinking along though. I have the feeling i’m doing something stupid wrong, so even if your question sounds dumb, i really want to hear it! :slight_smile:
Meanwhile i tried the old code format: storyboard.gotoScene(“menuScene”,“fade”,400). Doesn’t work either. I also tried to smoothly transition my next gotoScenes and tried a bunch of different transition types. Nothing works, everything always goes instant, through the whole game. [import]uid: 215620 topic_id: 35974 reply_id: 143053[/import]

As far as I know all of the transitions should work as billed. Your syntax looks right. Perhaps posting your scene’s might help.

I just fixed the problem. When i compared the storyboard template with the version i made, i noticed this line:

local group = self.view

Then i realised i had been inserting all my objects into a group called “view” which i had defined myself. When i transfered everything in both scenes into the “group” group, transitions started working!

Edit - As i suspected, i was just doing something stupid. Thanks for the help! I love the service around here :slight_smile: [import]uid: 215620 topic_id: 35974 reply_id: 143059[/import]

local group = self.view

local group = self.view