Transparent Card on Android

I’ve been fighting with this for few hours and no effect. How to make Card background transparent?

Is this even possible on Android?

Unfortunately this is not yet supported on Android. There are some challenges with doing this on Android that have taken us a little longer to get to.

You can include it in any native app , in any configuration ( full screen, partial screen, transparent overlay ) and have it run rich, interactive Corona content.

But why always so ambiguous? I understand that there can be some challenges but you present/write about it as ready for use feature. Even presenting simulations of working examples. However, it is only for ios/xcode… :frowning: Please write about such things. It’s killer to find you cannot do something on other platform (working currently on Android), and even only after asking on forum. 

You raise a good point and I understand your frustration. It’s one of the challenges we face in supporting multiple platforms - some things are possible and/or much simpler in one platform than in another.

We do want to implement this for Android, but it just hasn’t risen high enough in priority to justify the work. My apologies if it lost you some time.

Does that mean that you won’t support transparent Cards for Android until many people request this feature? …

So I would like to ask for this feature to be implemented for Android! We are currently using Corona Cards and have great plans for this, but lack of transparency is the only (but enormous) killer for us. I would like to argument this request by the fact that there is more users with Android than iOS, thus big target.

Unfortunately this is not yet supported on Android. There are some challenges with doing this on Android that have taken us a little longer to get to.

You can include it in any native app , in any configuration ( full screen, partial screen, transparent overlay ) and have it run rich, interactive Corona content.

But why always so ambiguous? I understand that there can be some challenges but you present/write about it as ready for use feature. Even presenting simulations of working examples. However, it is only for ios/xcode… :frowning: Please write about such things. It’s killer to find you cannot do something on other platform (working currently on Android), and even only after asking on forum. 

You raise a good point and I understand your frustration. It’s one of the challenges we face in supporting multiple platforms - some things are possible and/or much simpler in one platform than in another.

We do want to implement this for Android, but it just hasn’t risen high enough in priority to justify the work. My apologies if it lost you some time.

Does that mean that you won’t support transparent Cards for Android until many people request this feature? …

So I would like to ask for this feature to be implemented for Android! We are currently using Corona Cards and have great plans for this, but lack of transparency is the only (but enormous) killer for us. I would like to argument this request by the fact that there is more users with Android than iOS, thus big target.

Has any progress been made on this topic. I too have a pressing need for Transparent Android Cards. 

Engineering says we are using a GLSurfaceView class which is inherited from SurfaceView and we don’t believe that SurfaceView’s support transparency since it’s not part of the main UI thread.

Rob

Has any progress been made on this topic. I too have a pressing need for Transparent Android Cards. 

Engineering says we are using a GLSurfaceView class which is inherited from SurfaceView and we don’t believe that SurfaceView’s support transparency since it’s not part of the main UI thread.

Rob