Trial version crashes if run directly

Hi !

I am evaluating Corona Cards and my app works fine as long as I run it on my Nexus 5 via Eclipse (Run As / Android Application). It pops up a Trial Version dialog box etc and then runs normally. But if I touch the app icon on my phone and start it up it crashes on Corona init. I also get no messages on logcat. Please help !

Thanks

Sanjit

What does you code look like?  Have you tried running one of the samples we have on github?

https://github.com/CoronaCards/sample-android-ChildView

It’s a very simple app, just draws an image on the screen.

I am unable to run the sample.Android.childview app using Eclipse Juno… there are several issues including MainActivity not been found. When I import into Eclipse the project is named MainActivity and the libs directory is mising (its one step above the dir with AndroidManifest.xml and hence not detected,) Please provide proper instructions to run this sample.

Also does the license file play a role somewhere ? No mention in the readme.

Again in the case of my code it all works if I use the RunAs command from Exlipse. 

Please advise on what I should do.

Thanks

Sanjit

This problem went away the moment I added a config.lua file… :slight_smile:   I cant see the connection though - the config file does almost nothing…

What does you code look like?  Have you tried running one of the samples we have on github?

https://github.com/CoronaCards/sample-android-ChildView

It’s a very simple app, just draws an image on the screen.

I am unable to run the sample.Android.childview app using Eclipse Juno… there are several issues including MainActivity not been found. When I import into Eclipse the project is named MainActivity and the libs directory is mising (its one step above the dir with AndroidManifest.xml and hence not detected,) Please provide proper instructions to run this sample.

Also does the license file play a role somewhere ? No mention in the readme.

Again in the case of my code it all works if I use the RunAs command from Exlipse. 

Please advise on what I should do.

Thanks

Sanjit

This problem went away the moment I added a config.lua file… :slight_smile:   I cant see the connection though - the config file does almost nothing…