Tutorial: Building a game like Flappy Bird

Hi everyone!
I have a YouTube channel where I make tutorial videos. This week, I started a series where I build a simple game like Flappy Bird:

The tutorial starts off really easy by just using newRect to build a simple prototype. This will change piece by piece. I will start adding graphics and sounds to the game and also some other stuff.

What do you think about the video/content?

6 Likes

Pretty cool that you picked this up. :+1:

For the sake of showing how easy, quick, and somewhat simple you can do this in Solar2D it’s very good.

if I wasn’t familiar with the API I would be a little lost, but I don’t really know whether you have any particular target audience, if you did I might be able to provide more feedback. :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s great! When I was first learning Corona there were many more community videos and tutorials. Many of them became irrelevant once Corona went to graphics 2.0. At any rate, this is great for for the Solar2D community - keep up it up and keep us posted!

Thank you :slight_smile:
I haven’t thought too much about my target audience, but I think this might be a little bit hard to follow if you’re completely new. I will try to have this in mind in the future!

Absolutely! I love this game engine and I think it has a huge potential. I hope I can inspire at least a few more people to give it a try.

1 Like

Just published part 2 of the series:

Here I include graphics, sounds, score and some optimizations :slight_smile:

2 Likes