tvOS config.lua

Is there a recommended config.lua for a tvOS only app?  I am currently unable to test on an actual Apple TV.

Thanks

The screen will always be 1920 x 1080. So you can use those widths/heights. But if your converting an existing app, I would use any config.lua that works for you. The game I ported was based on a 320x480 content area though I dynamically calculated height.

application = {     content =       {         width = 320,         height = 320 \* (display.pixelHeight / display.pixelWidth),         scale = "letterbox",         fps = 60,         imageSuffix =          {             ["@2x"] = 1.5,             ["@4x"] = 3.0,         },     }, }

Rob

Thank you Rob.  tvOS sounds like a fun project to me, so I am going to build an app from the ground up targeting this device.  So I guess I can just use:

application = { content = { width = 1080, height = 1920, scale = "letterbox", fps = 60, }, }

Is there dynamic image selection for a tvOS only app?  Or should basically everything be designed at the 1920x1080 resolution?  720p is 1280x720 but same scale.  

Corona will use @2x and @4x images if you provide them and you use a smaller content area than the screen just like any mobile device.

But if you’re going to build a tvOS app from the ground up, then doing 1920 and 1080 are fine. There isn’t much of a reason to do 1280x720 and include two sets of graphics. Keep in mind too that the widget library is based on 320x screens (not that you are likely to use widgets with tvOS because of the remote) so there are reasons to use the smaller config area.

Rob

The screen will always be 1920 x 1080. So you can use those widths/heights. But if your converting an existing app, I would use any config.lua that works for you. The game I ported was based on a 320x480 content area though I dynamically calculated height.

application = {     content =       {         width = 320,         height = 320 \* (display.pixelHeight / display.pixelWidth),         scale = "letterbox",         fps = 60,         imageSuffix =          {             ["@2x"] = 1.5,             ["@4x"] = 3.0,         },     }, }

Rob

Thank you Rob.  tvOS sounds like a fun project to me, so I am going to build an app from the ground up targeting this device.  So I guess I can just use:

application = { content = { width = 1080, height = 1920, scale = "letterbox", fps = 60, }, }

Is there dynamic image selection for a tvOS only app?  Or should basically everything be designed at the 1920x1080 resolution?  720p is 1280x720 but same scale.  

Corona will use @2x and @4x images if you provide them and you use a smaller content area than the screen just like any mobile device.

But if you’re going to build a tvOS app from the ground up, then doing 1920 and 1080 are fine. There isn’t much of a reason to do 1280x720 and include two sets of graphics. Keep in mind too that the widget library is based on 320x screens (not that you are likely to use widgets with tvOS because of the remote) so there are reasons to use the smaller config area.

Rob