Twitter popup not working after updating Twitter App on iOS

My iOS app that uses native.showPopup() for Twitter and Facebook posts is not working for Twitter after updating the Twitter App to version 8.65.2. I get the following Twitter related messages in the console:

[com.apple.share.Twitter.post()] Ready plugins sent as euid = 501, uid = 501, personaid = 1000, type = DEFAULT, name =
[com.apple.share.Twitter.post()] Prepare using sent as euid = 501, uid = 501, personaid = 1000, type = DEFAULT, name =
[com.apple.share.Twitter.post()] Sending prepareUsing to extension; this should launch it if not already running.
[com.apple.share.Twitter.post()] Begin using sent as euid = 501, uid = 501, personaid = 1000, type = DEFAULT, name =
[com.apple.share.Twitter.post()] plugin loaded and ready for host
[com.apple.share.Twitter.post()] plugin reference count incremented to 2, and ready for host.
[com.apple.share.Twitter.post()] Connection to plugin interrupted while in use.
[com.apple.share.Twitter.post()] terminating

After these messages, my social listener is called with event.action set to “cancelled”. It works fine on devices that do not have the Twitter App update.

Is anyone else able to bring up the native.showPopup using the social plugin with Twitter after updating your Twitter app to 8.65.2? I am using the latest Solar2D build 3646.

The new version of the Twitter App fixes this problem, version 8.67.2.

1 Like