Two SERIOUS problems with Lua Glider 2

Two Serious Problems - My project is broken into 15 or so files. But size of a single file doesn’t seem to matter. On my simple 140 lines variable file, my keyboard still lags behind my typing by about 5 seconds or so.

Lua Glider 2.0 is awesome, in my opinion. But the speed issues have had me spending the past month optimizing my computer, making sure no malware is keylogging, etc… I’ve even closed the navigation window on the left, but the program is still so unbelievably slow I can’t believe it.

More frightening, however, is that Lua Glider occasionally changes my display mode to Windows basic - exactly like TeamViewer or GotoMyPC, giving me the feeling that someone has used Lua Glider to hack into my computer. When I close Lua Glider promptly when this happens, my display mode is restored immediately - just as it is when TeamViewer or GotoMyPC are closed.

These two issues are a big problem - 1) speed so slow it is unusable; and 2) display mode changes by Lua Glider which should never occur.

What is particularly odd about the speed issue is that sometimes it works perfectly - and sometimes it simply doesn’t. There is no rhyme or reason to it.

Can anyone suggest any other things I can turn off in the Lua Glider options that will give me back a responsive text editor?

Kindly yours,

-Troy

Troy, 

I have the licensed version of Lua Glider and have never had a problem with it. If it helps, here are the settings listed for my Glider under the About link. Perhaps a comparison of the two might lead you to a solution. I’ve read a lot on here about other’s experiencing problems, but in the 8 months I’ve used it, it’s never hung up once. 

Jim

Product Version: Lua Glider 2.0 201403101706

Java: 1.8.0_20; Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM 25.20-b23

Runtime: Java™ SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_20-b26

System: Windows 7 version 6.1 running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (luaglider2)

User directory: C:\Users\Shoonutz\AppData\Roaming\luaglider2\dev

Cache directory: C:\Users\Shoonutz\AppData\Roaming\luaglider2\dev\var\cache       

@troylondon,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Which version are you using? you can see what version you are using by going to windows -> whats new. The “Whats new” window should show the latest version. Also, could you please upload logs via help->upload logs so we can take a look at it. 

@Jim,

Thank you for your help. We are glad to know that you have not come across any issues. We appreciate your support!

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

James, thanks for the details - I was running 1.7 Java SE runtime - which I now upgraded to 1.8.

MY Developers, thanks for having a great attitude. I would love to help you resolve this problem - since I think outside of these issues, it is an awesome IDE.

I’ll update you both on how the Java upgrade affects things.

Hello Troy,

Thank you for your nice words. Since we package Java with Glider, upgrading Java alone will not affect Glider. Please re-download the installer from our website here - http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/Glider/ to get the latest version and let us know if you come across the same issues.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

I still encounter very serious speed issues with the current version. Sometimes I have to wait for 30 seconds for a written comment in code to finish… means I have written it and Glider needs 30 seconds to show it on screen. The wheel of Death is shown a LOT!

Any ideas on how to speed things up in Glider?

Hello d.mach,

You are describing some pretty serious speed issues. Are you running a Mac? If so which version? Also, have you tried to redownload an updated package from our website recently? Your windows->whats new panel should say v 2.2, if not please redownload the installer from our website and it should be faster. Do  you notice the hard drive thrashing when Glider locks up like that?

Regards

M.Y. Developers

I noticed I can’t see the version 2.2 in the whats new window. The last entry is 2.1.33… so I will try the update first.

Thx for your fast reply!

I am running Version 2.0 for Windows 64 - this I downloaded recently. Is 2.2 on the Mac?

You won’t believe how slow the editor performs - I have found solid improvements by turning off everything the program does in background - at least those you have controls for.

But strangely, I still see someone come onto my computer whenever Lua is loaded into memory, and this is evident because of how my computer changes the video mode to Windows basic. I was just thinking, could there be a serious vulnerability in the Java engine Lua uses?

Troy, 

When you start Lua Glider, how much memory is it using? Mine uses 440000-450000k. 

What version of Windows are you using?

What graphics card are you using? 

Are you using a multi monitor setup, or just one? 

If Lua Glider is causing Windows to revert to Basic theme every time you load it, have you checked Lua’s compatibility settings. Right click Lua Glider Icon on Start Menu–>Properties–>Compatibility. Perhaps Glider’s settings are set to disable visual themes. 

Troy, 

I have the licensed version of Lua Glider and have never had a problem with it. If it helps, here are the settings listed for my Glider under the About link. Perhaps a comparison of the two might lead you to a solution. I’ve read a lot on here about other’s experiencing problems, but in the 8 months I’ve used it, it’s never hung up once. 

Jim

Product Version: Lua Glider 2.0 201403101706

Java: 1.8.0_20; Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM 25.20-b23

Runtime: Java™ SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_20-b26

System: Windows 7 version 6.1 running on amd64; UTF-8; en_US (luaglider2)

User directory: C:\Users\Shoonutz\AppData\Roaming\luaglider2\dev

Cache directory: C:\Users\Shoonutz\AppData\Roaming\luaglider2\dev\var\cache       

@troylondon,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Which version are you using? you can see what version you are using by going to windows -> whats new. The “Whats new” window should show the latest version. Also, could you please upload logs via help->upload logs so we can take a look at it. 

@Jim,

Thank you for your help. We are glad to know that you have not come across any issues. We appreciate your support!

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

James, thanks for the details - I was running 1.7 Java SE runtime - which I now upgraded to 1.8.

MY Developers, thanks for having a great attitude. I would love to help you resolve this problem - since I think outside of these issues, it is an awesome IDE.

I’ll update you both on how the Java upgrade affects things.

Hello Troy,

Thank you for your nice words. Since we package Java with Glider, upgrading Java alone will not affect Glider. Please re-download the installer from our website here - http://www.mydevelopersgames.com/Glider/ to get the latest version and let us know if you come across the same issues.

Regards,

M.Y. Developers

I still encounter very serious speed issues with the current version. Sometimes I have to wait for 30 seconds for a written comment in code to finish… means I have written it and Glider needs 30 seconds to show it on screen. The wheel of Death is shown a LOT!

Any ideas on how to speed things up in Glider?

Hello d.mach,

You are describing some pretty serious speed issues. Are you running a Mac? If so which version? Also, have you tried to redownload an updated package from our website recently? Your windows->whats new panel should say v 2.2, if not please redownload the installer from our website and it should be faster. Do  you notice the hard drive thrashing when Glider locks up like that?

Regards

M.Y. Developers

I noticed I can’t see the version 2.2 in the whats new window. The last entry is 2.1.33… so I will try the update first.

Thx for your fast reply!

I am running Version 2.0 for Windows 64 - this I downloaded recently. Is 2.2 on the Mac?

You won’t believe how slow the editor performs - I have found solid improvements by turning off everything the program does in background - at least those you have controls for.

But strangely, I still see someone come onto my computer whenever Lua is loaded into memory, and this is evident because of how my computer changes the video mode to Windows basic. I was just thinking, could there be a serious vulnerability in the Java engine Lua uses?

Troy, 

When you start Lua Glider, how much memory is it using? Mine uses 440000-450000k. 

What version of Windows are you using?

What graphics card are you using? 

Are you using a multi monitor setup, or just one? 

If Lua Glider is causing Windows to revert to Basic theme every time you load it, have you checked Lua’s compatibility settings. Right click Lua Glider Icon on Start Menu–>Properties–>Compatibility. Perhaps Glider’s settings are set to disable visual themes.