Unable to download any plugins.

Has anybody seen this error before? The same error for Android and iOS download script:

PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API (?:0: attempt to concatenate field ‘plugin_developer’ (a nil value))

PANIC: fatal Lua error: ?:0: attempt to concatenate field ‘plugin_developer’ (a nil value)

What version of Corona are you using?  I just did a test on iOS and the Xcode Download Plugin schema ran with no errors. What plugins do you have in your build.settings?

Rob

Rob, I tried with the following version of Corona: current public, 3297, 3301, 3301, 3316. I reset the native path with each version. I tried it with two old projects I had not built in a while. I also tried my project with only 1 plugin in the build settings:

["plugin.openssl"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", },

No worries. Since you confirmed it works on your end, I’ll figure it out. My next step is to try with a clean new project. I’ll write back once I figure it out.

I tried with a brand new project and the same issue. It must be something about the path or permission somewhere on my machine. In any case, I only do native builds to add one library (tappx) and it is not that important if my corona apps don’t have it in the next build.

Rob some more updates. I don’t know if I need to open up a ticket, but here is what I did:

1. If I use my current account I always get the error mentioned above.

2. If I switch to my second account (which I currently don’t use since the limit of 2 machines doesn’t exist anymore), I am able to pull the plugins without any issues. 

The error occurs with my regular account on 2 completely machines.

The error does not occur on my regular machine with the other account.

Have you tried deauthorizing and quitting and then logging back in?

Rob

Have you tried deauthorizing and quitting and then logging back in?

Yes, sir.

I’ve asked Engineering I just don’t have an answer yet.

Rob

Hey, not sure if this is related but;

I cleared my plugins directory (in native; Xcode) and then tried to redownload plugins. It doesn’t fail (that I can see) but then when I try build the actual app it fails due to missing plugins.

@roballison. I believe that is a different issue and I also experienced it with my working id.

To fix that I:

1. Checked that the plugins have been downloaded.

2. If they are available I added them to the framework search path of the project.

Hope that helps our issue.

@agramonte I’ve cleaned your previous authorizations. Can you please log in and try again?

@bektur Thank you for trying. Still the same issue. 

1. Closed xcode.

2. Logout and closed corona.

3. Logged back in with my usual id. (mXXXX@adriangomez.com)

4. Tried to download plugins. Same error.

5. Logged and closed corona.

6. Logged back in with my working id. (adrixxxxx@gmail.com)

7. Did not close xcode and tried to download plugins and it worked.

I am getting that same error here trying to download Android plugins.

Already tried de-authorizing and authorizing back in and also downloaded the latest Corona Native (3447)

My build.settings is:

settings = { plugins = { ["plugin.OneSignal"] = { publisherId = "com.onesignal", }, }, iphone = { xcassets = "Images.xcassets", plist = { UILaunchStoryboardName = "LaunchScreen", }, }, }

when I try to run:

./download\_plugins.sh 

I get the error:

PANIC: unprotected error in call to Lua API (?:0: attempt to concatenate field 'plugin\_developer' (a nil value)) PANIC: fatal Lua error: ?:0: attempt to concatenate field 'plugin\_developer' (a nil value)

I created a second account to download the plugins. I was never able to resolve this issue on my primary account. If for whatever reason you get yours fixed please let me know the solution. I am fairly sure this happens when a plugin you paid for expires without being renewed.

@agramonte, I think you indeed found something. Tried using a different Corona account and it worked. 

I still have the issue on my main ID. @Rob have you been able to resolve this for anybody yet. Can I be put on a list to resolve my main ID issue? I do not do native builds that often but it would be nice to have the option with my paid plugins.

Since I’m going to need some private information, please email support@coronalabs.com and I’ll look into it.

Rob

Done. Thank you Rob.

FYI, this error seemed to come back in the scripts that download plugins for native builds. This should be removed in daily build 2019.3470.

Rob

What version of Corona are you using?  I just did a test on iOS and the Xcode Download Plugin schema ran with no errors. What plugins do you have in your build.settings?

Rob