Unable to install my android test app on Samsung GTS5360 with Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS

I have Nexus 4 with latest version of Kitkat, I make apps and test them on Nexus using test apk and it works fine. But when I try to install the same apk on Samsung GTS5360 - Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread OS,error is thrown stating like Installation failed or Unable to install. I’m just not able to figure out the root cause for this.

Hi @satheeshngames,

The first step I recommend is to follow this tutorial on basic debugging, and gather some information about the installation failure:

http://www.coronalabs.com/blog/2013/07/09/tutorial-basic-debugging/

Best regards,

Brent

I found the exact error which is thrown as per above comments you had mentioned. 

The terminal shows error “Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE]”

I searched other posts on forum for this error and found that Corona does not support older ARM v6 processor phones, and OS version does not matter.

But the app I’m willing to build would involve significant amount of users with older ARM v6 processors.

So could you please help and tell me any way to build apk that is compatible with older ARM processors. 

I am OK to add any complex code or method to support ARMv6…

Hi @satheeshngames,

The first step I recommend is to follow this tutorial on basic debugging, and gather some information about the installation failure:

http://www.coronalabs.com/blog/2013/07/09/tutorial-basic-debugging/

Best regards,

Brent

I found the exact error which is thrown as per above comments you had mentioned. 

The terminal shows error “Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_CPU_ABI_INCOMPATIBLE]”

I searched other posts on forum for this error and found that Corona does not support older ARM v6 processor phones, and OS version does not matter.

But the app I’m willing to build would involve significant amount of users with older ARM v6 processors.

So could you please help and tell me any way to build apk that is compatible with older ARM processors. 

I am OK to add any complex code or method to support ARMv6…