Use local network Device IP instead of Dropbox sync

Please, please, pretty please, consider using the local network (device IP address) instead of Dropbox!

+1 - Mainly because this would probably lead to multiple project support, rather than having to break up our folder structures to work on projects one by one in a dropbox folder.

To elaborate further, the ability to run a project on Corona Viewer from the folder it resides in, as opposed to having to copy files to a special folder.

This breaks source control workflows, don’t forget.

This is a great start however… once I get to see it in action, still trying to get it to load a big project.

Thanks for Corona Viewer!

Exactly!

Plus the fact: Not everybody uses Dropbox! The fewer 3rd parties needed, the better…

…and since it’s still in beta, it’s the perfect time to change this  :wink:

In fact, to ingemar’s point, we use Box which imho is far more robust for Enterprise purposes (and secure!) than DropBox.  But even local network support would work for us.  However, I really appreciate having access to CoronaViewer.  I’ll be using it immediately after I post this message for a project which is deep into development.

+1

Totally understand where you guys are coming from.

We briefly considered it, but there’s a ton of extra work involved. Better to get it in your hands than reinvent the wheel :slight_smile:

Dropbox allowed us to avoid spending time on a variety of issues, such as implementing base-level functionality (device discovery, sync’ing code, etc.), testing that base functionality on all platforms (Mac, iOS, and later Win desktop, Android, Win Phone 8, etc).

This doesn’t even include the main functionality of CoronaViewer itself!

We briefly considered it, but there’s a ton of extra work involved.

Does that mean there’s no hope for this?

A huge +1 for this! 
This would be a massive time-saver.
We tried out Gideros briefly, and one of the very few areas where Gideros pipped Corona was in this feature. Their “Gideros player” which ran in the device, made development tons easier. So hopefully something like that would evolve in the future(even if not in the immediate future).

That said, the current Beta version is a really great first step!
Kudos! 

@ingemar, there’s always hope :slight_smile: but we do see this as a bonus compared to something like Android support for CoronaViewer.

+1 - Mainly because this would probably lead to multiple project support, rather than having to break up our folder structures to work on projects one by one in a dropbox folder.

To elaborate further, the ability to run a project on Corona Viewer from the folder it resides in, as opposed to having to copy files to a special folder.

This breaks source control workflows, don’t forget.

This is a great start however… once I get to see it in action, still trying to get it to load a big project.

Thanks for Corona Viewer!

Exactly!

Plus the fact: Not everybody uses Dropbox! The fewer 3rd parties needed, the better…

…and since it’s still in beta, it’s the perfect time to change this  :wink:

In fact, to ingemar’s point, we use Box which imho is far more robust for Enterprise purposes (and secure!) than DropBox.  But even local network support would work for us.  However, I really appreciate having access to CoronaViewer.  I’ll be using it immediately after I post this message for a project which is deep into development.

+1

Totally understand where you guys are coming from.

We briefly considered it, but there’s a ton of extra work involved. Better to get it in your hands than reinvent the wheel :slight_smile:

Dropbox allowed us to avoid spending time on a variety of issues, such as implementing base-level functionality (device discovery, sync’ing code, etc.), testing that base functionality on all platforms (Mac, iOS, and later Win desktop, Android, Win Phone 8, etc).

This doesn’t even include the main functionality of CoronaViewer itself!

We briefly considered it, but there’s a ton of extra work involved.

Does that mean there’s no hope for this?

A huge +1 for this! 
This would be a massive time-saver.
We tried out Gideros briefly, and one of the very few areas where Gideros pipped Corona was in this feature. Their “Gideros player” which ran in the device, made development tons easier. So hopefully something like that would evolve in the future(even if not in the immediate future).

That said, the current Beta version is a really great first step!
Kudos! 

@ingemar, there’s always hope :slight_smile: but we do see this as a bonus compared to something like Android support for CoronaViewer.