Vibration on iOS 8.1.1

Hi,

I just installed my app on iPhone 5 with iOS 8.1.1. and vibration does not work.

It works fine for the same application on Android.

System.vibrate() does nothing. There are no errors, see image in attachment.

Daniel

It works only when you set iPhone to vibration (silent). Why is that the case???

I want sound and vibration in the same time for my game.

Daniel

I just made a one line app:

system.vibrate()

I built it with 2511 and installed it to my iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.1

It vibrated after it started like I expected it too.

Rob

Rob,

it vibrates only if you put your phone to ‘silent’ (vibration). When I turn the sound on, the vibration stops working.

Daniel

I just tested it on my iPhone 6/iOS 8.1.1.  My phone is not on silent.  It vibrates as expected.

Go into your Sounds settings and make sure Vibrate on Ring is on.

Rob

It works only when you set iPhone to vibration (silent). Why is that the case???

I want sound and vibration in the same time for my game.

Daniel

I just made a one line app:

system.vibrate()

I built it with 2511 and installed it to my iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.1

It vibrated after it started like I expected it too.

Rob

Rob,

it vibrates only if you put your phone to ‘silent’ (vibration). When I turn the sound on, the vibration stops working.

Daniel

I just tested it on my iPhone 6/iOS 8.1.1.  My phone is not on silent.  It vibrates as expected.

Go into your Sounds settings and make sure Vibrate on Ring is on.

Rob

I’m wondering if there’s a way to check if a phone is in vibrate/mute mode, and then vibrate in place of specific sounds in my app. Is there a way to vibrate only if the device is set to mute? 

I don’t believe Corona SDK has away of knowing if it’s in vibrate mode. There is probably a way using Corona Enterprise.

Rob

Thanks, Rob. 

I’ve basically finished my first app in Corona SDK after a little less than a month using it and LUA. It’s a free business app for the readers of my wife’s home business blog (cosmetics reviews). It’s a simple app where when you shake the device, you see one of 20 random slides. Each slide also has its own accompanying sound, and there’s a fancy slide that’s like the jackpot slide which has a cool slot machine-like sound effect and a dazzling particle effect I created with Particle Designer 2. :slight_smile: Thanks to you for a lot of your help and your fantastic posts here in the forum over the past few years. I’ve turned to the forum dozens of times for help.

More apps to follow… 

I’m wondering if there’s a way to check if a phone is in vibrate/mute mode, and then vibrate in place of specific sounds in my app. Is there a way to vibrate only if the device is set to mute? 

I don’t believe Corona SDK has away of knowing if it’s in vibrate mode. There is probably a way using Corona Enterprise.

Rob

Thanks, Rob. 

I’ve basically finished my first app in Corona SDK after a little less than a month using it and LUA. It’s a free business app for the readers of my wife’s home business blog (cosmetics reviews). It’s a simple app where when you shake the device, you see one of 20 random slides. Each slide also has its own accompanying sound, and there’s a fancy slide that’s like the jackpot slide which has a cool slot machine-like sound effect and a dazzling particle effect I created with Particle Designer 2. :slight_smile: Thanks to you for a lot of your help and your fantastic posts here in the forum over the past few years. I’ve turned to the forum dozens of times for help.

More apps to follow…