Vungle ads not showing

Over the past 4 days Vungle ads have not been working and below is console info:

Jun 11 06:47:18 Mike-Hempflings-iPad Eye Patch Free[196] <Warning>: vungle event: {

isError = false,

message = “reachability changed: 1,1”,

name = “adsRequest”,

provider = “vungle”,

type = “adLog”

}

Jun 11 06:48:21 Mike-Hempflings-iPad Eye Patch Free[196] <Warning>: Vungle ad error

Jun 11 06:48:23 Mike-Hempflings-iPad Eye Patch Free[196] <Warning>: vungle event: {

isError = true,

name = “adsRequest”,

provider = “vungle”,

response = “Ad not available”,

type = “adStart”

}

Jun 11 06:48:23 Mike-Hempflings-iPad Eye Patch Free[196] <Warning>: Vungle ad error

Jun 11 06:48:28 Mike-Hempflings-iPad Eye Patch Free[196] <Error>:  SecTrustEvaluate  [leaf ValidLeaf]

Jun 11 06:48:28 Mike-Hempflings-iPad Eye Patch Free[196] <Warning>: NSURLConnection/CFURLConnection HTTP load failed (kCFStreamErrorDomainSSL, -9814)

Jun 11 06:48:28 Mike-Hempflings-iPad Eye Patch Free[196] <Warning>: ERROR: network request failed: https://monetize-api.coronalabs.com/v1/plugin-beacon.json?event=request&placement=userInterstitial [-1202: The certificate for this server is invalid. You might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be “monetize-api.coronalabs.com” which could put your confidential information at risk.]

I also have an issue with vungle. I have not changed the code and it worked perfect 1 week ago, but now I dont get any ads (test).

I see that in vungleListener

event.type = “adStart”

event.isError = true

The error you’re seeing is a red herring. This message isn’t related to the lack of Vungle ads. Hopefully someone from Vungle will respond. It could just be fill rate.

Rob

Have emailed vungle about this and they are aware of the issue when using test mode. I also mentioned to them that sometimes a live apps Vungle ID used with a development app sometimes has issues also.

Vungle is working fine on my published/live apps however.

Hope to get an update from them soon.

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay.

As simon.natt mentioned, we have noticed this issue and been working on resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will update you as soon as we resolve the issue.

Thanks,

-aki 

Is this still an issue?  I noticed that I can view ads on my Android test version, but my iOS test version errors out.

thanks,

–john

Anyone fro Vungle here?  this is the only thing holding my back from releasing an update to my game.

No ads displayed on a test build on iOS… seems to work everywhere else, but want to be sure.

thanks

I had the same issue, but for me its working now on iOS ( I just tested and video test ads appear )

Interesting… I tried and it is still not working here.  On Android, it is fine.  On iOS, it does not work on an ad-hoc build.  I may just roll the dice and submit it with the hope it will work on a live app.  Not sure what to do at this point,.

First it’s a holiday weekend here in the US. I wouldn’t expect a response until next week. Next it’s really helpful to put a print statement in the event listener to see what’s going on. That’s your intelligence into what the ad provider says is going on. You can easily dump the event table with: print( json.prettify( event ) ) Of course you have to include the json library. Rob

Hi all,

Aki from Vungle.

I am so sorry for the delay.

We release a fix for the issue in which our SDK can’t get an ad if an app is set to “Test” mode.

You should be able to get an ads in Test mode now.

If you still have this issue, please contact tech-support@vungle.com with your appID.

Thanks,

Aki,

When I do an ad-hoc build to test on my local device, Vungle ads do not display.  I get a “Ad not available” warning message.

Is this normal?  I am a bit hesitant to release an update until I understand whats going on.

thanks

Since I am not getting a response from Vungle… has anyone else noticed this?  An iOS build using an Ad-hoc certificate does not diaply ads.  Will this work when Ibuild with a distribution certificate and place it in the store.  I’m close to rolling the dice and giving it a try, but would like a bit more information.

thanks

<vent> It seems nearly impossible to get support from any ad network.  I wish I can figure out another way :slight_smile: </vent>

I have the same problems with my published apps… My app show only ads for iOs… but last days have problems with Android… Waiting too for a solution…

I’m not having any trouble w/ Vungle on Android.  You guys might want to try again.

I’ll test iOS tomorrow.

I’m building w/ 2016.2906

PS - This is only for test ads.  There may still be an issue w/ live ads.  I don’t currently have any published app using Vungle, so I can’t test that as easily.

Actually that’s not true:  This app

uses Vungle and displays ads fine on Android and iOS.

Today come back to working fine again!!! :slight_smile:

@gsp

Glad to hear it’s working for you! I’m assuming you’re talking about iOS. Unfortunately, I still cannot get Vungle ads to display. Would you mind sharing your code? Initialize, show, etc.

Nathan

Hi Nathan, here is the code to show Vungle ads in our action puzzle game: TROYIS (You can download in your appstore and see the result for iOs & Android)

After register in Vungle and add your app in control panel…

Add this plugin in you build.settings:

[“CoronaProvider.ads.iads”] =

{

publisherId = “com.coronalabs”,

supportedPlatforms = { iphone=true, [“iphone-sim”]=true },

},

[“CoronaProvider.ads.vungle”] =

{

publisherId = “com.vungle”,

},

and after in you main.lua code add:

local ads = require (“ads”);

local function adVungleListener( event )

if event.isError then

– Failed to receive an ad.

end

if ( event.type == “adStart” and event.isError ) then

--Cached video ad not available for display

end

if ( event.type == “adStart” and not event.isError ) then

--When your init is finished and ok… ;

end

if ( event.type == “adView” and event.isCompletedView ) then

--When video was see at 80%…

end

if ( event.type == “cachedAdAvailable” ) then

– When your video ad is in cache and ready to see…

end

end

ads.init( “vungle”, " ***your app id***", adVungleListener );   –  Add you “app id” in iOs or your “com.younamedomain.yournameapp” in Android

– ** when you init vungle you need wait a little time to the ad was ready in your cache… after it you can try to show like this…

if ( ads.isAdAvailable() )then

local adShown = ads.show( “incentivized” , { isAnimated=true, isAutoRotation=true, isBackButtonEnabled=true });

end

– *** after show video… you don’t need nothing to update a cache with a new ad… vungle do automatic for you…

Sorry for my english… my spanish better… :wink:

Best regards,

Thank you. I think you copied the wrong build.settings plugin, but I know which one you mean from the API docs. I appreciate it!