Vungle v4 Documentation

So I was able to setup the adb and read the logs. 

Init passed in both cases - with my AppId and the demo AppId which was in the sample app to start with. 

But the ad placement loading returned false in all cases. 

I did try the Sample v6 as well. 

It did work perfectly using the default AppID and placement IDs. 

But it deosnt seem to work with my Vungle App credentials.

My Vungle app is in Test mode. Should it NOT work in Test mode?

PS: I’ve dropped in a message to Vungle Support team via email. But havent heard back anything from them yet. 

Vungle SDK6 works great (finally!!)… I am porting my games over as we speak.  

As long as you have the right app id and placement ids it works just fine.  If it works using their defaults but not yours then your credentials are probably incorrectly configured.

Test mode will always work on devices.

SGS 

Could you share how your placement IDs look like?

Here is a screenshot from my Vungle developer portal for placements:

I created a placement I named “billybob”. Vungle gave it a ReferenceID of BILLYBOB-4245367

Looking at their sdk6 code, 

if (platform == "Android") then appData = { appID="5ae0db55e2d43668c97bd65e", placement1 = "DEFAULT-6595425", placement2 = "DYNAMIC\_TEMPLATE\_REWARDED-5271535", placement3 = "FLEX\_VIEW-4423991" } else 

You would use the string that’s been uppercased and had a number attached to it as the placementID.

Rob

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’m using those exactly. 

What is your console log from your device telling you?

Nothing. 

The event for isAdPlayable returns false when trying to load a placement. 

Can you post your code?

I finally got it working. 

So I contacted the Vungle team and they helped out. 

Apparently the sample code used 3 placement IDs and if I didnt replace all three with valid new ones it would not initialize. 

So if you are looking to use only one placement ID in your game, then use just that one while initializing the Vungle ad object. 

Happy to help anyone else who is stuck!

I have it working (or did about 20 builds ago).  I haven’t tested this for about a month.

I use this statement to init:

ads.init( "vungle", ID\_HERE, LISTENER\_HERE ) 

Subsequently, I use calls like this to interact with the provider plugin:

ads.setCurrentProvider("vungle") ads.isAdAvailable() -- ads.setCurrentProvider("vungle") ads.getVersionString() -- etc.

So you don’t need to specify v4 anywhere like it says to?

I don’t.

If you can’t get this working, I can put together a small sample project as a level 1 hit.

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/69420-hire-a-hitman-problem-solver-is-back/

It will include my ‘demo’ IDs.  You can then put in yours to test it and go from there.

Of course, you’d be better off using Vungle 5. I can put together a level 2 hit for that, including some screens to show you how to set up your ads on Vungle.

I tried v5 back when it was having issues and figured I was better off using the older until they got it sorted.  But that also meant that I was locked on an older Corona build as the v4 documentation was horrible.  I should be good from here though, thanks!

Have you had good success with v5?   I know there were some threads with issues early on but maybe it has all settled down now.

@Fernker - Sorry I don’t have any metrics on which works better.

Oh sorry, didn’t mean actual results, just like implementation between the 2.

Oh, I have gotten ads from both successfully.  i.e. I have used the both with success (in test apps).

Do you have the right thing in your build settings?  See:

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/vungle-v4/index.html

https://docs.coronalabs.com/plugin/vungle/index.html

Notice that one uses “CoronaProvider.ads.vungle” vs. “plugin.vungle”.  It’s a subtile difference but it’s how we tell them apart.  Vungle was one of our earliest plugins when we were using the old “CoronaProvider” method so it would be the same API as Apple’s iAd, 1st get AdMob, etc.  But we now use our plugin system, so when Vungle moved forward with v5, we left the v4 plugin as a CoronaProvider type plugin.

Please make sure your build.setting is accessing the right plugin name.

Rob