Watch Variables

I’m not sure if I am missing but is there a way to setup a watch on a variable?
I can on the fly inspect a variable if the debugger is running, but I can’t seem to “add” them to the VARS window to always be tagged to there and I don’t have to keep checking.  I assume the VARS window is so I can do this, but I can only seem to query on the fly and only one-time.

Even better,  I would like to do this via code.  This would be awesome.  What I have in mind is something like this:

watch x;

watch x = true;

These would show up in VARS, and they could be a mini unit test.  When “Building” these watch statements get removed completely and have zero impact on final code, but when using Corona Editor, you can programmatically add expressions to the VARS window.  If not using Corona Editor, they would just be ignored.

This would be a great way to set up some sanity/unity tests.

I’m using the latest version available on Github.

The Corona Editor Debugger does not currently support watching variables.  It’s on the todo list.  The “Variables” window shows global variables which are currently defined.

I’ll keep your suggestions in mind when implementing the feature.

The Corona Editor Debugger does not currently support watching variables.  It’s on the todo list.  The “Variables” window shows global variables which are currently defined.

I’ll keep your suggestions in mind when implementing the feature.