Welcome

Welcome to the CoronaBlitz forum! For more information on this challenge please visit: http://coronalabs.com/blog/2013/08/07/guest-piece-coronablitz-a-semi-regular-mini-coding-challenge/. The first CoronaBlitz runs August 16-25, 2013. We’re looking forward to seeing your work!

Does code need to be 100% new code or can we use 3rd party libs. In our games

You can use 3rd party libs, and skeleton code from other projects.  Just list out what you’ve re-used.

For example, I have dpad code that I use, and I see no problem with copying and pasting it in.

thanks

maybe posting some guideline rules for entry may help keep everyone on the same page

Hi everyone, 

I’m excited to make an game app for the blitz challenge! 

I am exactly 3 weeks busy with learning the corona sdk. I am doing a course at udemy.com by infinite skills. It is realy a nice video course and the teacher is doing a great job by explaining the usage of the corona sdk. 

I’m looking forward to start the blitz challenge and make my first corona app to show off to others.

grtz, Joeri.

PS: Maybe it is also a great idea to start a corona project together in the future so that everyone can learn by doing and learning from each other. 

We are working on guidelines that will be in the CoronaBlitz post.  Thanks for the feedback!

Challenges like CoronaBlitz are going to be a great way to learn how to use CoronaSDK!

Hi there,

sound like a very nice little jam.

My questions, is this jam for one-man-groups only or is it possible to jam in a team with 2 or more people?

[quote name=“torbenratzlaff” post=“198363” timestamp=“1376306662”]Hi there, sound like a very nice little jam.   My questions, is this jam for one-man-groups only or is it possible to jam in a team with 2 or more people?[/quote] Well right now I think it will be one man teams, but as I commented in the blog post –

Interesting idea. Originally, I was thinking CoronaBlitz would be solo, however you did give me the idea of having a “multiplayer” CoronaBlitz. I think for the first one at least it will be a solo endeavor. What would you think about this for a “multiplayer” CoronaBlitz – “This Multiplayer CoronaBlitz you’re given 8 hours to complete a game. If you decide to work in teams the total number of hours your team works can not be more than 8. For example if you have 3 teammates and teammate A worked 1 hour, teammate B worked 2 hours and teammate C worked 5 hours, that would be your total time allotment for the CoronaBlitz. Teammates can work at the same time.” Or something like this?

(Hopefully this turns out ok, posting from my iPhone)

Does code need to be 100% new code or can we use 3rd party libs. In our games

You can use 3rd party libs, and skeleton code from other projects.  Just list out what you’ve re-used.

For example, I have dpad code that I use, and I see no problem with copying and pasting it in.

thanks

maybe posting some guideline rules for entry may help keep everyone on the same page

Hi everyone, 

I’m excited to make an game app for the blitz challenge! 

I am exactly 3 weeks busy with learning the corona sdk. I am doing a course at udemy.com by infinite skills. It is realy a nice video course and the teacher is doing a great job by explaining the usage of the corona sdk. 

I’m looking forward to start the blitz challenge and make my first corona app to show off to others.

grtz, Joeri.

PS: Maybe it is also a great idea to start a corona project together in the future so that everyone can learn by doing and learning from each other. 

We are working on guidelines that will be in the CoronaBlitz post.  Thanks for the feedback!

Challenges like CoronaBlitz are going to be a great way to learn how to use CoronaSDK!

Hi there,

sound like a very nice little jam.

My questions, is this jam for one-man-groups only or is it possible to jam in a team with 2 or more people?

[quote name=“torbenratzlaff” post=“198363” timestamp=“1376306662”]Hi there, sound like a very nice little jam.   My questions, is this jam for one-man-groups only or is it possible to jam in a team with 2 or more people?[/quote] Well right now I think it will be one man teams, but as I commented in the blog post –

Interesting idea. Originally, I was thinking CoronaBlitz would be solo, however you did give me the idea of having a “multiplayer” CoronaBlitz. I think for the first one at least it will be a solo endeavor. What would you think about this for a “multiplayer” CoronaBlitz – “This Multiplayer CoronaBlitz you’re given 8 hours to complete a game. If you decide to work in teams the total number of hours your team works can not be more than 8. For example if you have 3 teammates and teammate A worked 1 hour, teammate B worked 2 hours and teammate C worked 5 hours, that would be your total time allotment for the CoronaBlitz. Teammates can work at the same time.” Or something like this?

(Hopefully this turns out ok, posting from my iPhone)