WHAT IS exit code -11 ERROR?

My game is using a feature where it is using an alpha channel to create the “flashlight” effect to show a magnifying glass and two layers. When trying to use it in the new version of the game the game is crashing with this error: [Finished in 30.1s with exit code -11]

What can cause this? I do not know where to start looking into it because older Solar2D versions did not have this problem.

Any help welcome.

Sounds like segmentation fault?

I’m not sure about what to do about it though. Maybe some changes in the latest version(s) introduced some memory related issues?

Thank you for your fast answer. This sounds like there is a chance the error only will appear on my computer and not when the build is running on the mobile device. I have to try this out.

Thanks again!

BTW: i was using solar2d version 2023.3690 and the error appeared in the simulator on a mac book pro

Maybe keep using working older versions?

When you can localize the error and that error is due to a new version then you can… well I’m not really sure how to report bugs anymore? Github maybe and hope someone fixes it?

1 Like

Thx for your feedback! Much appreciated!

The latest build 2023.3691 seems to have fixed this problem! It started after 3683!

One question: What is the actual minimum for MinimumOSVersion in the build.settings for iOS?

When using XCode 14.3, minimum iOS version is 11.0. I think that’s the new Solar2D default as well.

If you’re not using XCode 14.3, then I guess you can drop a few versions, but I don’t see much sense in supporting so old OS versions.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.