Hello,
I want to make a popup menu to call from any scene and show. Can someone tell me how to do this? I believe I can code it in its own LUA file but then what? How do I include it?
Also, when I leave a scene to go to another I do a removeSelf on all objects in the scene. So would I do this on the objects of the menu also?
Thanks,
Warren
Warren,
I’m out of time to help today, but I may revisit this tomorrow.
However, you could start with the validation code for this SSK2 feature:
https://roaminggamer.github.io/RGDocs/pages/SSK2/libraries/dialogs/#custom-trays
You’ve got SSK2 right? If yes, look in the validation folder to find the dialog trays example.
Thanks but I was trying to follow the tutorial I shared and it works but the menu (part I did) shows behind the current scene in the back. I tried calling toFront() and that did nothing. Does anyone know why? I called the require at the beginning and then changed to end of scene and same also.
Menu LUA file:
local t = {} t.showMenu = function() imgBack = display.newImageRect( "images/imgShadow.png", 450, 0 ) imgBack.anchorX = 0 imgBack.anchorY = 0 imgBack.x = 0 imgBack.y = 0 imgBack:toFront() end return t
Called it like this from scene to show menu in.
local function btnMenuButtonEvent( event ) if ("ended" == event.phase ) then examp2 = require ( "sceneMenu" ) examp2.showMenu() end end
Warren,
I’m out of time to help today, but I may revisit this tomorrow.
However, you could start with the validation code for this SSK2 feature:
https://roaminggamer.github.io/RGDocs/pages/SSK2/libraries/dialogs/#custom-trays
You’ve got SSK2 right? If yes, look in the validation folder to find the dialog trays example.
Thanks but I was trying to follow the tutorial I shared and it works but the menu (part I did) shows behind the current scene in the back. I tried calling toFront() and that did nothing. Does anyone know why? I called the require at the beginning and then changed to end of scene and same also.
Menu LUA file:
local t = {} t.showMenu = function() imgBack = display.newImageRect( "images/imgShadow.png", 450, 0 ) imgBack.anchorX = 0 imgBack.anchorY = 0 imgBack.x = 0 imgBack.y = 0 imgBack:toFront() end return t
Called it like this from scene to show menu in.
local function btnMenuButtonEvent( event ) if ("ended" == event.phase ) then examp2 = require ( "sceneMenu" ) examp2.showMenu() end end