Where to put amazon.sdktester.json for Kindle?

Hello

Where do I put the .json file for my Kindle. I read in the Amazon SDK Tester that I put it here /mnt/sdcard/amazon.sdktester.json. But every time I plugin in my Kindle to my Mac it and the first folder does not come up. Also does my Kindle have to have an SD card? , because my Kindle does not have a slot for a SD card.

Thanks

Hi sebitttas,

Your android device does not necessarily need an SD card slot, but it does need a directory called ‘/mnt/sdcard’. I believe when you connect your Kindle Fire to your computer that placing the amazon.sdktester.json file in the base directory is correct.

-Preston

Hi Preston

Im not sure what you mean about base directory, because when I connect my device this is what I see

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkp3pkk3thpuy12/Screen%20Shot%202013-08-06%20at%205.13.20%20PM.png

Hi sebitttas,

Put the file right in that directory. On your mac the file will be called /Volumes/Kindle/amazon.sdktester.json.  This is the same location as  /mnt/sdcard/amazon.sdktester.json  when mounted on your Kindle.

-Preston

I can’t seem to find this /Volumes/Kindle/amazon.sdktester.json. On my directory. As you can see in the image above I showed you.

Hi Sebitttas,

/Volumes/Kindle/ is the Unix directory name for this folder. Simply copy the amazon.sdktester.json to the Kindle directory so that it is on the same level as the ‘Database.db’ file.

-Preston

Sorry for late respone, but yes your right, and with that now my IAP is now running on my Kindle.

Thanks!!!

Hi sebitttas,

Your android device does not necessarily need an SD card slot, but it does need a directory called ‘/mnt/sdcard’. I believe when you connect your Kindle Fire to your computer that placing the amazon.sdktester.json file in the base directory is correct.

-Preston

Hi Preston

Im not sure what you mean about base directory, because when I connect my device this is what I see

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qkp3pkk3thpuy12/Screen%20Shot%202013-08-06%20at%205.13.20%20PM.png

Hi sebitttas,

Put the file right in that directory. On your mac the file will be called /Volumes/Kindle/amazon.sdktester.json.  This is the same location as  /mnt/sdcard/amazon.sdktester.json  when mounted on your Kindle.

-Preston

I can’t seem to find this /Volumes/Kindle/amazon.sdktester.json. On my directory. As you can see in the image above I showed you.

Hi Sebitttas,

/Volumes/Kindle/ is the Unix directory name for this folder. Simply copy the amazon.sdktester.json to the Kindle directory so that it is on the same level as the ‘Database.db’ file.

-Preston

Sorry for late respone, but yes your right, and with that now my IAP is now running on my Kindle.

Thanks!!!