Which ad network are UK developers using?

When I looked through the monetisation plugins before, the network which stood out for me was Applovin for three reasons:

• at the time, not many of the others offered the ability to disable personalised ads, which is of course important for GDPR.
  • developer reviews suggested they’re one of the better CPM rates.
  • employee reviews suggested they’re actually a decent company to work for.

It turned out though that for UK developers, you’ve to fill in and send off some forms that require phoning the IRS which just seems like a hassle. We spoke with our accountants and they basically confirmed that the process is a pain and that due to the differences in UK and US tax law, they wouldn’t be comfortable dealing with this for us, so we’d be on our own. In the end we opted to just leave it until a time where we’d actually want to cash out. As it happens, that time never really came.

So, in prep for some upcoming projects, I’m wondering what other UK developers are using? I’m absolutely only interested in networks that offer the ability to disable personalisation, and if they have to be UK based to avoid tax complications and IRS phonecalls then I suppose I’m only interested in UK companies too. A network that pays by click would be preferable too… Applovin pay by install, though I’m guessing that’s just the norm these days.

Cheers.

I’ve used Vungle and AdMob with no issues on either points.

Thanks. I’ve used Admob before on Phonegap/Cordova projects, but for now I can’t really warrant the plugin cost to use it in Corona. When we have some games that are actually earning money, I’ll look again.

Vungle might be a better option for now though, thanks. Had a quick look through the plugin docs and it doesn’t mention a personalisation switch… Do you know if that’s because they don’t personalise, or us this one not GDPR compliant yet?

What docs are you looking at? Vungle docs on Corona are ancient. Here are the actual docs:

https://support.vungle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003413891-Get-Started-with-Vungle-SDK-v-6-Corona

The GDPR portion is at the bottom.

Also, check out the Appodeal data. It looks like apps running on iOS in UK, Vungle was really middle of the road. Both Facebook and Admob double Vungle’s ecpm last week.

The Android numbers are a lot worse for Vungle.

Excellent links, thanks! I was looking in the Corona docs but the docs you linked to are much more useful - lesson learned.

I’d stupidly skipped over the Facebook plugin but I’m now not sure why. We’ve used them before as an advertiser - really, really good audience targeting controls. It’s hardly surprising that they get s higher CPM than the others really. If they don’t require complex tax forms they might just be the best option.

I’ve used Vungle and AdMob with no issues on either points.

Thanks. I’ve used Admob before on Phonegap/Cordova projects, but for now I can’t really warrant the plugin cost to use it in Corona. When we have some games that are actually earning money, I’ll look again.

Vungle might be a better option for now though, thanks. Had a quick look through the plugin docs and it doesn’t mention a personalisation switch… Do you know if that’s because they don’t personalise, or us this one not GDPR compliant yet?

What docs are you looking at? Vungle docs on Corona are ancient. Here are the actual docs:

https://support.vungle.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003413891-Get-Started-with-Vungle-SDK-v-6-Corona

The GDPR portion is at the bottom.

Also, check out the Appodeal data. It looks like apps running on iOS in UK, Vungle was really middle of the road. Both Facebook and Admob double Vungle’s ecpm last week.

The Android numbers are a lot worse for Vungle.

Excellent links, thanks! I was looking in the Corona docs but the docs you linked to are much more useful - lesson learned.

I’d stupidly skipped over the Facebook plugin but I’m now not sure why. We’ve used them before as an advertiser - really, really good audience targeting controls. It’s hardly surprising that they get s higher CPM than the others really. If they don’t require complex tax forms they might just be the best option.