Which ad plugins work with amazon?

Are there any free ad plugins that work on the amazon app store?

I’ve used Appodeal there, but you can’t include a couple of networks like Ogury and Yandex IIRC.

AppLovinMAX works with Amazon, as do AdMob, Vungle, Chartboost and AdColony.

Does the legacy AppLovin plugin still work on amazon devices?

Applovin does not work with Amazon. I currently use my Ironsource plugin for Amazon. I recently updated it:

And currently has the following networks integrated with Amazon:
--------------- AdColony
SDK Version - 4.8.0

--------------- APS Network
SDK Version - 4.8.0

--------------- AdColony
SDK Version - 4.8.0

--------------- Chartboost
SDK Version - 8.3.1

--------------- Google (AdMob and Ad Manager)
SDK Version - 21.5.0

--------------- IronSource
Adapter 7.3.0.1

--------------- Tapjoy
SDK Version - 12.11.1

--------------- Vungle
SDK Version - 6.12.1

Does the Kidoz plugin work on amazon devices for the amazon app store?

No. I couldn’t get it to work. For me, it showed ads for the Google Store.

For what it is worth here is the official list from Amazon:

Thanks for all your help!

I wish the Solar2d docs for the ad plugins indicated if they worked with Amazon.

Has anyone in this thread successfully released an update using AdMob as ads provider?
I tried to do an update of my apps but all I get is submission failed due to an unsupported ad SDK, when I remove AdMob it will process successfully.

Is there something else that’s not in the AdMob docs on the Solar2D documentation website that has to be done to make this work on Amazon?

They do qualify that though with “…SDKs that are compatible with Fire tablets.”, but you can still install on regular android devices as well via the Amazon app store. But they don’t mention that. =/

I’m using Appodeal which includes Admob… My last update was in Feb '23. I wasn’t rejected but I did receive a warning:
Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 18.11.47

I have not received a warning for Amazon. I create specific ad units for Amazon, and I make sure to mark the app as displaying ads for the Amazon store. I released an update a week ago.

Are you only using Admob or other networks as well?

The ones on the list: Adcolony, APS, Vungle, and Chartboost.
And Admob. That is all.

1 Like

I’ve released apps on Amazon’s Appstore with AdMob in the build. I eventually removed AdMob though because the eCPM was terrible (+/- $2) and the minSdkVersion required for AdMob is 19, which meant that nearly a quarter of my installed base of Kindle users couldn’t install the update.

What are you using now?

Nothing currently :frowning: , but will try it again soon. They say it crashes on launch, but without AdMob not, so I thought it must be something with AdMob.

How do you guys test for Amazon, do you use an online tool or do you have an Amazon device?
I used to use an old android device where i had Google Play Services disabled, but in newer Android versions I’m unable to disable that service.

AppLovinMAX and Chartboost. Vungle works too, but I took it out because the touch targets on the close buttons were impossible to hit, and it was frustrating players.

You can pick up used Kindle Fires for a song on Ebay.