Who wants to partner with my Cricket Game?

I built a cricket game a few years ago, called “The Best Cricket Game Ever”.  I haven’t touched it in a couple of years because I don’t have the time.  My account got disabled on the google play store for violating their policies on other apps, but it’s still available on the mac store.

The website is http://www.bestcricketgame.com.

The game is fun for cricket tragics.  Unlike most cricket games, it’s completely unmasterable due to its random nature.  The graphics are on the disappointing side (I’m not an artist) but the game play is loved by a lot of people (myself included!!).

I think it could be a popular and financially successful game given the right input from someone else, or some other people.  There are a couple of billion people in India that could love it :slight_smile:

Seems like an interesting project, but as a person with too many business degrees, I want to highlight how potentially dangerous or disheartening it is to make plans based on that chain of reasoning, i.e. “if X amount of population Y buy product Z, then”.

Couple of billion of people in India drop down to ~1.4 billion for total population. Then you have the sub population that enjoys cricket. Then divide that again into people with iOS and Android devices, followed by people who’d be interested in a mobile cricket game, then people who’d be interested in your specific game, etc. The actual target audience of your app dwindles really fast. Then you have the task of trying to reach as many of them as possible and you’d need to come up with (and pay for) an advertising campaign, etc.

I wish you the best of luck with your game, but I advise restraint when it comes to dreams like that.

I downloaded it, a nice little game. Certainly could do with a reskin for the UI, looks a bit late-90s at the moment. Wouldn’t take long to bring it into the flat UI era.

Thanks for the advice.  I guess a more realistic way of looking at it is seeing how many downloads popular cricket games get, to know the potential  eg Real Cricket 10million+ on android.  Of course it would also be handy to know what they did to reach that audience.

Should rename it “Retro Cricket” :slight_smile:

cricket.png

Couldn’t resist mocking something up  :ph34r:

Seems like an interesting project, but as a person with too many business degrees, I want to highlight how potentially dangerous or disheartening it is to make plans based on that chain of reasoning, i.e. “if X amount of population Y buy product Z, then”.

Couple of billion of people in India drop down to ~1.4 billion for total population. Then you have the sub population that enjoys cricket. Then divide that again into people with iOS and Android devices, followed by people who’d be interested in a mobile cricket game, then people who’d be interested in your specific game, etc. The actual target audience of your app dwindles really fast. Then you have the task of trying to reach as many of them as possible and you’d need to come up with (and pay for) an advertising campaign, etc.

I wish you the best of luck with your game, but I advise restraint when it comes to dreams like that.

I downloaded it, a nice little game. Certainly could do with a reskin for the UI, looks a bit late-90s at the moment. Wouldn’t take long to bring it into the flat UI era.

Thanks for the advice.  I guess a more realistic way of looking at it is seeing how many downloads popular cricket games get, to know the potential  eg Real Cricket 10million+ on android.  Of course it would also be handy to know what they did to reach that audience.

Should rename it “Retro Cricket” :slight_smile:

cricket.png

Couldn’t resist mocking something up  :ph34r: