Why are tvOS forums still in Beta?

I’ve released two games successfully with Corona for tvOS…  Blendamaze and Minimize.  Just curious why the tvOS integration is still considered beta?

Nate

I guess we never formally said it was out of beta. It’s a technicality anyway. I’ve moved it to the regular forums.

Rob

Actually, if we check clearly, it isn’t in beta version probably.

With Corona Labs “beta” is a state of mind, rather than some version number attached that defines it. Perhaps we have a feature we want a few developers to look at before we open it up to a daily build. Other times, like tvOS, it’s us saying one of two things:

1. It’s not feature-complete. This was the case with tvOS. We didn’t want to “bring it out of beta” until we had IAP and GameCenter working for it.  Those have been addressed, but we never got around to moving the forum out of the “Beta” section and removing the label.  tvOS is core feature complete and we feel comfortable with you submitting apps to the store with it.

2. We are not comfortable with you submitting apps to the store with it. Perhaps it’s feature based as in #1, or we think there may still be some issues. Just like some people don’t like using daily builds and prefer pubic builds to use if we call it “Beta” we are less comfortable with you using it for production.

To summarize, don’t get too hung up on labels and we need to do a better job of communicating it.

Rob

I guess we never formally said it was out of beta. It’s a technicality anyway. I’ve moved it to the regular forums.

Rob

Actually, if we check clearly, it isn’t in beta version probably.

With Corona Labs “beta” is a state of mind, rather than some version number attached that defines it. Perhaps we have a feature we want a few developers to look at before we open it up to a daily build. Other times, like tvOS, it’s us saying one of two things:

1. It’s not feature-complete. This was the case with tvOS. We didn’t want to “bring it out of beta” until we had IAP and GameCenter working for it.  Those have been addressed, but we never got around to moving the forum out of the “Beta” section and removing the label.  tvOS is core feature complete and we feel comfortable with you submitting apps to the store with it.

2. We are not comfortable with you submitting apps to the store with it. Perhaps it’s feature based as in #1, or we think there may still be some issues. Just like some people don’t like using daily builds and prefer pubic builds to use if we call it “Beta” we are less comfortable with you using it for production.

To summarize, don’t get too hung up on labels and we need to do a better job of communicating it.

Rob