Widget Candy height

For buttons and label borders, does the height parameter re-size?

If I want a rather larger button:

[lua] _G.GUI.NewButton({
x = 200
y = 200,
width = 128,
height = 128, – cant seem to resize button
fontSize = 16,
name = myName,
theme = “myTheme”,
caption = “Large text”,
textAlign = “center”,[/lua]

I cannot seem to resize button or border heights.

thanks [import]uid: 114363 topic_id: 28049 reply_id: 328049[/import]

Anyone?

Can borders and buttons do this or I am not doing it correctly? [import]uid: 114363 topic_id: 28049 reply_id: 113574[/import]

RESOLVED - never mind.

I would like to know the same. Even with:

scale = _G.GUIScale,

widgets look fine on the iPhone but on an iPad 2 the positions and widths look scaled but the heights are not scaled and I end up with thin-looking widgets!

Thanks in advance! [import]uid: 156018 topic_id: 28049 reply_id: 114596[/import]

@X-Pressive anyone going to answer some questions around here?

several of us are having this issue… how do we resize the height of a button?

\_G.GUI.NewButton({  
 x = 200  
 y = 200,  
 width = 128,  
 height = 128, -- cant seem to resize button AAAAAAA  
 fontSize = 16,  
 name = myName,  
 theme = "myTheme",  
 caption = "Large text",  
 textAlign = "center",  

Larry [import]uid: 11860 topic_id: 28049 reply_id: 120148[/import]

I have been poking around the source code of the widget library and it seems like the only way to increase height is to use the “scale” method [import]uid: 114118 topic_id: 28049 reply_id: 120180[/import]

@X-Pressive anyone going to answer some questions around here?

several of us are having this issue… how do we resize the height of a button?

\_G.GUI.NewButton({  
 x = 200  
 y = 200,  
 width = 128,  
 height = 128, -- cant seem to resize button AAAAAAA  
 fontSize = 16,  
 name = myName,  
 theme = "myTheme",  
 caption = "Large text",  
 textAlign = "center",  

Larry [import]uid: 11860 topic_id: 28049 reply_id: 120148[/import]

I have been poking around the source code of the widget library and it seems like the only way to increase height is to use the “scale” method [import]uid: 114118 topic_id: 28049 reply_id: 120180[/import]

Sorry, we are not automatically notified of new threads here, so please drop us an email in urgent cases, which is the fastest way to get help.

Common buttons are of fixed height, so the height parameter has no effect on them. The height of a button is the height of a frame on the GUI sheet texture. This is to save resources and keep performance as good as possibe. The background is that a button with a fixed height uses three images only (left cap, right cap, middle segment) while a fully scalable button would use nine elements (four corners, left, right, top, bottom, middle).

While this will suffice in most cases, there might be situations where you want to scale a button to any custom size. So we added a “shape button” widget (available with the next update, to be released today or tomorrow) which creates buttons using shapes only (no graphics used) and therefore can be set to any width and height.
[import]uid: 10504 topic_id: 28049 reply_id: 130903[/import]

Sorry, we are not automatically notified of new threads here, so please drop us an email in urgent cases, which is the fastest way to get help.

Common buttons are of fixed height, so the height parameter has no effect on them. The height of a button is the height of a frame on the GUI sheet texture. This is to save resources and keep performance as good as possibe. The background is that a button with a fixed height uses three images only (left cap, right cap, middle segment) while a fully scalable button would use nine elements (four corners, left, right, top, bottom, middle).

While this will suffice in most cases, there might be situations where you want to scale a button to any custom size. So we added a “shape button” widget (available with the next update, to be released today or tomorrow) which creates buttons using shapes only (no graphics used) and therefore can be set to any width and height.
[import]uid: 10504 topic_id: 28049 reply_id: 130903[/import]