Widget Candy request : theme for iOS7

Hi,

would be nice to have a theme for iOS 7

ta :slight_smile:

Absolutely!!! Also brings up the question… Where is X-Pressive? Haven’t seen a post from them or an update to their products in a while. Are they not active anymore?

There is a iOS7 photoshop template knocking about on the web and so it shouldn’t be tooooo difficult to knock up a iOS7 theme, I might even do it myself!

Absolutely!!! Also brings up the question… Where is X-Pressive? Haven’t seen a post from them or an update to their products in a while. Are they not active anymore?

There is a iOS7 photoshop template knocking about on the web and so it shouldn’t be tooooo difficult to knock up a iOS7 theme, I might even do it myself!

I just tested my app in iOS 7 and widget candy text inputs do not work anymore.  Time to ditch it for good.

Widget Candy Text input not working after ios 7 update for me either so Feartec what are you going to do to replace the widget 

I am going to drop widget candy altogether and go native text boxes :frowning:

Just heard from Mike Dogan about an upcoming update. Better late than never.

Hi folks,

we’re still here -we’ve been quite busy the last weeks, however, while we updated the entire Particle Candy package, so please excuse the delayed forum reply (don’t hesitate to contact us via email in urgent cases, it’s the quickest way to get in contact).

Widget Candy will be completely updated within the next week as well. This means:

• New flat style theme (iOS7 / Android)

• All existing themes converted to HD

• All icons converted to HD

@ksan: Both, Particle Candy and Widget Candy have been (and still are) updated frequently (and have been ported to other SDKs as well) -if you did not receive any update notifications via email, please also subsribe to our Twitter channel to stay informed (@XPRESSIVECOM).

@fartek: just replied to your email, did you receive it?

Looking forward to the updates :slight_smile:

Just to let you know, we uploaded a new version today that also contains HD versions of all existing themes, as well as all icons and a new flat style “iOS7” theme. You can download it using your personal download link.

We are also investigating that strange input issue on iOS7 -however, since we did not change a single byte of Widget Candy’s input routines and this issue appears on the device only and not with the simulator this seems to be an issue with the latest Corona version. Corona’s native input text behaviour has been problematic in the past, too (something similar appeared on Android devices a year or so ago).

For now, there is an easy workaround: just set the .disableInput property of a Widget Candy input text to true, which then allows you to display a custom native input text instead of Widget Candy’s input screen. Just pass the entered text to the Widget Candy textfield then. See included sample “sample_input_text_custom.lua”, which explains how this is done. Please also note the related info on the Widget Candy web site:

http://www.x-pressive.com/WidgetCandy_Corona/reference.html#WG14

I just tested my app in iOS 7 and widget candy text inputs do not work anymore.  Time to ditch it for good.

Widget Candy Text input not working after ios 7 update for me either so Feartec what are you going to do to replace the widget 

I am going to drop widget candy altogether and go native text boxes :frowning:

Just heard from Mike Dogan about an upcoming update. Better late than never.

Hi folks,

we’re still here -we’ve been quite busy the last weeks, however, while we updated the entire Particle Candy package, so please excuse the delayed forum reply (don’t hesitate to contact us via email in urgent cases, it’s the quickest way to get in contact).

Widget Candy will be completely updated within the next week as well. This means:

• New flat style theme (iOS7 / Android)

• All existing themes converted to HD

• All icons converted to HD

@ksan: Both, Particle Candy and Widget Candy have been (and still are) updated frequently (and have been ported to other SDKs as well) -if you did not receive any update notifications via email, please also subsribe to our Twitter channel to stay informed (@XPRESSIVECOM).

@fartek: just replied to your email, did you receive it?

Looking forward to the updates :slight_smile:

Just to let you know, we uploaded a new version today that also contains HD versions of all existing themes, as well as all icons and a new flat style “iOS7” theme. You can download it using your personal download link.

We are also investigating that strange input issue on iOS7 -however, since we did not change a single byte of Widget Candy’s input routines and this issue appears on the device only and not with the simulator this seems to be an issue with the latest Corona version. Corona’s native input text behaviour has been problematic in the past, too (something similar appeared on Android devices a year or so ago).

For now, there is an easy workaround: just set the .disableInput property of a Widget Candy input text to true, which then allows you to display a custom native input text instead of Widget Candy’s input screen. Just pass the entered text to the Widget Candy textfield then. See included sample “sample_input_text_custom.lua”, which explains how this is done. Please also note the related info on the Widget Candy web site:

http://www.x-pressive.com/WidgetCandy_Corona/reference.html#WG14