Widgets library crashes on steam build

There is still an issue with the built-in widgets library (as opposed to importing the library from Github) and Steam builds, as seen in these threads.

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/65367-widgetnewslider-crashes-on-steam-build/

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/72298-attempt-to-index-file-topframe-error-in-steam-uploaded-version-of-mac-game/

Essentially, the game runs fine on:

Corona Simulator

Mac OSX

Windows

iOS

Android

However, as soon as a build that works is uploaded via Steampipe and then downloaded in Steam, any call to the Widget library results in a crash. I know it’s not anything I’m doing because OSX sees the initial build and the Steam version as the same app, so I can load the same saved game and get an issue only when playing through Steam. I thought it might be to do with the DRM so uploaded a non-DRM version and the same thing occurs.

I was using the Github version from 2016 with a few of my own fixes, but once the built-in library was updated recently I switched back to that, as it makes the project folder a lot tidier. Looks like I’ll have to re-implement the GitHub version but this is something that shouldn’t be happening.

I wonder if Steam is doing something to the art files that go with widgets. When you use the GitHub version, you have the various resource files in your project. The server build versions add those files in during the build process. It’s possible that Steam is hacking on the files we include.

Must be something like that. Including the github repo fixed the issue again, just annoying having all those files in the project.

I wonder if Steam is doing something to the art files that go with widgets. When you use the GitHub version, you have the various resource files in your project. The server build versions add those files in during the build process. It’s possible that Steam is hacking on the files we include.

Must be something like that. Including the github repo fixed the issue again, just annoying having all those files in the project.