Will Vungle still work on android devices without the Google Play Store installed?

Will Vungle still work on android devices without the Google Play Store installed?

It requires the Google Play plugin so I would say having Google Play installed is a pre-requsite.

Rob

@Rob Miracle

Does it work on Amazon devices?

Mike, might I suggest changing the title of the thread to “Does Vungle work on Amazon”. Vungle staffers watch this forum and they can provide you a more accurate answer there. Based on how I read things, it would work on devices that Google Play installed. I believe you can install Google Play on Amazon purchased mobile devices that are not Amazon branded. Their Fire platform doesn’t ship with Google Play for sure and I don’t know if you can add it or not.

@Rob Miracle

That might be OK to change the thread title but I also want to know if it works on Android devices that don’t have the Google Play Store app installed and may or may not use a third party app store. 

In the docs under “Platforms” it has “Android, iOS” which leads me to believe it works on any Android device no matter if it has the Google Play Store app installed but I would like confirmation on that. Also I would recommend putting this info in the docs to clarify the compatibility.

Hi there,

My name is Aki and I am an Integration Engineer at Vungle.

Unfortunately, we don’t officially support Amazon devices at the moment.

We highly recommend to include “google-play-services” in your project.

Thanks,

-aki

@aki

When I test Vungle on my Amazon Kindle it seems to work. 

1. How specifically is it not supported on Amazon Kindle devices?

2. How specifically is it not supported on devices that don’t have the Google Play App Store?

It requires the Google Play plugin so I would say having Google Play installed is a pre-requsite.

Rob

@Rob Miracle

Does it work on Amazon devices?

Mike, might I suggest changing the title of the thread to “Does Vungle work on Amazon”. Vungle staffers watch this forum and they can provide you a more accurate answer there. Based on how I read things, it would work on devices that Google Play installed. I believe you can install Google Play on Amazon purchased mobile devices that are not Amazon branded. Their Fire platform doesn’t ship with Google Play for sure and I don’t know if you can add it or not.

@Rob Miracle

That might be OK to change the thread title but I also want to know if it works on Android devices that don’t have the Google Play Store app installed and may or may not use a third party app store. 

In the docs under “Platforms” it has “Android, iOS” which leads me to believe it works on any Android device no matter if it has the Google Play Store app installed but I would like confirmation on that. Also I would recommend putting this info in the docs to clarify the compatibility.

Hi there,

My name is Aki and I am an Integration Engineer at Vungle.

Unfortunately, we don’t officially support Amazon devices at the moment.

We highly recommend to include “google-play-services” in your project.

Thanks,

-aki

@aki

When I test Vungle on my Amazon Kindle it seems to work. 

1. How specifically is it not supported on Amazon Kindle devices?

2. How specifically is it not supported on devices that don’t have the Google Play App Store?

@Mike Would you be willing to share with us a snippet of the your build.settings file that you used to get Vungle working on a Kindle Fire?

@jerejigga

Below is what I use for my build.settings to get  Vungle working on a Kindle Fire:

plugins = { -- key is the name passed to Lua's 'require()' ["CoronaProvider.ads.vungle"] = { -- required publisherId = "com.vungle", }, ["plugin.google.play.services"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android = true, ["android-kindle"] = true } } },

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply.

We haven’t tested actively on Kindle device anymore. So, we can’t be guaranteed that Vungle SDK could work on it.

Thanks,

-aki

@Mike Would you be willing to share with us a snippet of the your build.settings file that you used to get Vungle working on a Kindle Fire?

@jerejigga

Below is what I use for my build.settings to get  Vungle working on a Kindle Fire:

plugins = { -- key is the name passed to Lua's 'require()' ["CoronaProvider.ads.vungle"] = { -- required publisherId = "com.vungle", }, ["plugin.google.play.services"] = { publisherId = "com.coronalabs", supportedPlatforms = { android = true, ["android-kindle"] = true } } },

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply.

We haven’t tested actively on Kindle device anymore. So, we can’t be guaranteed that Vungle SDK could work on it.

Thanks,

-aki