I have regularly gotten BSoDs lately and when I analyze the memory.dmp file in WinDbg I recognize the text:
PROCESS_NAME: Corona.Console.exe
When I think of it, the BSoDs and the useage of Solar2D more or less have started at the same time.
Any idea what this can be?
bugcheck.txt (6.9 KB)
I have the following version (which in itself is a bit shady “2100.9999” ?):
Maybe this will be helpful
I’ve never really experienced something like that, so I’m not sure what the issue might be.
Did you install Solar2D in the folder as your old Corona was? In that case, it might be some registry issue. I don’t believe JDK has anything to do with that given how you can run Solar2D without having it installed, right?
If you have re-installed the program to the same folder, then try installing it to a new one. If that wasn’t the issue (or the issue is still persists), then try cleaning your regist…
This is a known bug. It will probably be fixed in the next release. See:
coronalabs:master ← bakeinflash:linux-fixing-build-year-and-number
opened 08:41AM - 22 Dec 21 UTC
This branch fixes BUILD_NUMBER and YEAR in About page
I think maybe the reference to Solar2D in the BSoD mem dump was a fluke. This has later happened with no signs of Solar2D being involved.
Siu
February 15, 2022, 12:45pm
6
I would have also found it weird for Solar2D to cause BSoD, I don’t recall this being an issue. At worst case, Solar2D Simulator might crash, but not crash Windows.
The most common cause nowadays for Windows crashing is faulty RAM, corrupted data in HDD/SSD, or issue with device drivers.