Windows build- "Failed to compile plugin lua scripts"

Getting this error after I’ve set up Solar2D on a windows PC and when I attempt to make a Windows build. I write the code on my mac and it’s a simple test project with not a lot going on-- on windows, it executes without any issues in the simulator but I get this error when I try to make a windows build.

I’ve not managed to find anything about this error so would appreciate any insights if someone knows what’s going on.

In AppData, I can see that most of the plugins are downloaded similar to how things work on my Mac and I don’t get any issues while running inside the simulator environment.

just bumping this in case there are any suggestions from anyone. There is no error/warning displayed to console, project runs on simulator and builds fine for iOS, Android but throws this message in a dialog box and aborts Windows build.

@Scott_Harrison I was exploring this further and noticed the following errors when attempting to build for Windows:

17:33:36.034  BUILD ERROR: C:\Users\ xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\Corona Labs\Win32 Build a00640\obj\..\Plugins\PaxHeader\plugin_ironSource.lua:1: unexpected symbol near '30'
17:33:36.034  ERROR: Could not complete build because there were compile errors in Lua file: C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\Temp\Corona Labs\Win32 Build a00640\obj\..\Plugins\PaxHeader\plugin_ironSource.lua

Seems like this is an issue with the ironSource plugin but possibly minor-- would you be able to look at this?

Yes will take a look

Should be fixed for now

Still getting the same error on latest solar2d build. Have cleared out all plugins and let them download/cache again so let me know if I need to do anything specific to work around this.

Attaching screen grabs for the error and also for the file that seems to be referenced in the error.

To be honest, Windows is a Kryptonite for me(I have been using only Macs for the last 13 years). You might try going to “AppData\Local\Temp\Corona Labs” and deleting that file as well. You might empty your Trash Bin as well

Edit: I fired up Parallels and this seemed to work. Also delete data in “%APPDATA%\Solar2DPlugins” and “%APPDATA%\Corona Labs\Corona Simulator\Plugins”

Yeah, I’m in the same boat when it comes to Windows. Been trying your suggestions in Parallels as well but unfortunately it didn’t work for me.

The Corona Labs dir inside Temp is empty for me and I have tried deleting the plugin caches from the other locations numerous times but sadly that didn’t fix it and I get the same error.

Happy to try out any other suggestions you might have.

I’m assuming this is something to do with one of the recent changes in the latest build pertaining to caching of plugins from your marketplace?

No, not an issue with recent build, I got that issue on Solar2D 3666 on my Parallels computer. Also that update only was only for Shared Plugins(More info to be release later on it). Seems to be an issue with this

local Library = require "CoronaLibrary"

Which is strange because hundreds of plugins the same line of code

I also noticed in your screenshot the top image shows plugin_ironSource.lua being last modified “11/24/2021”, You should see last updated “6/29/2022” if you are using the new Lua file

yes in my last attempt, I cleared out all the files to let them be refetched and the date now is, in fact, 29 June, but the build is still aborting for me. I’ll try running this again on another windows machine and see if it goes through otherwise might have to remove the IronSource code form my desktop builds.