Windows Event Viewer Error ID

Hola,

Just did a fresh install of Windows 10 64bit Pro. After Installing Solar2D I am seeing errors in the windows event viewer pane. (Event ID 78) Its complaining about Activation context. I’m assuming this is from the old corona seat activation, and can be ignored. However the only thing that bugs me is that this error is looping even when Solar2D isn’t running. Can anyone confirm this? Is it just me?

Below are some details about the error.

Log Name: Application
Source: SideBySide
Event ID: 78
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
Description:
Activation context generation failed for “C:\Program Files (x86)\Corona Labs\Corona\Corona Simulator.exe”.Error in manifest or policy file “” on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.19041.1_none_fd031af45b0106f2.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.19041.1_none_b555e41d4684ddec.manifest.

Hi skalistican, and welcome!

The error message is generated by SideBySide service in Windows. I have seen it around for other applications as well.

Generally, if the application works you can ignore this. Others have been using it for building and submitting apps. I also see this error message in my machine; honestly I haven’t checked event viewer logs since I stopped doing tech support last year. :slightly_smiling_face:

Either way, this is for the Simulator itself, your apps should work fine.

Hey there, and thanks for the warm welcome. Actually… I have been using Corona since the Carlos days, when Corona was Ansca, just my first post on the Solar2D forums. :wink:

Its good to hear that this error isn’t localized to just me.

Yes, building and updating apps works flawlessly. Its just an OCD thing really, and I wanted to verify it wasn’t just on my end.

Thanks again,
JM

No worries, and I know exactly how you feel. There just shouldn’t be any errors to begin with… ever! :slightly_smiling_face:

Cheers!