Windows Phone 8 - Phone 8.1 - Question

I am working on a project using Windows phone and was going to slide Corona in the project.

So I created a new project and tried to add the required Nuget Package, but the package only supports windows 8.1.

is there a version of corona cards that will work with Building a Target to Windows 8.1

( i dont want to say what i am doing over the free airwaves here I want to be the first one to market for this little idea…)

Thanks in advance.

Larry

anyone?

Officially, Corona only support Windows Phone 8.0.  We do not plan on creating 8.1 templates in the near future.

But that said, you can “Retarget” an existing CoronaCards WP8 project to 8.1 in Visual Studio by right clicking on the project in the “Solution Explorer” panel.  I’ve only tested this out a couple of times and it seemed to work fine.  But just be warned that it’s not well tested on our end and our tech-support group doesn’t have experience supporting it.  With the one ray of hope being that Microsoft is usually pretty good about backward compatibility.  So, feel free to give it a go.

One more thing to note.  If your app targets 8.1, then it cannot be installed/purchased on an 8.0 phone, which works differently than it does on Android and iOS.  That is, in the Microsoft world, you target the minimum OS version you want to support.

anyone?

Officially, Corona only support Windows Phone 8.0.  We do not plan on creating 8.1 templates in the near future.

But that said, you can “Retarget” an existing CoronaCards WP8 project to 8.1 in Visual Studio by right clicking on the project in the “Solution Explorer” panel.  I’ve only tested this out a couple of times and it seemed to work fine.  But just be warned that it’s not well tested on our end and our tech-support group doesn’t have experience supporting it.  With the one ray of hope being that Microsoft is usually pretty good about backward compatibility.  So, feel free to give it a go.

One more thing to note.  If your app targets 8.1, then it cannot be installed/purchased on an 8.0 phone, which works differently than it does on Android and iOS.  That is, in the Microsoft world, you target the minimum OS version you want to support.