Windows Server and PowerShell

Hi,

Will apps built in Win32 Desktop run on Windows Server? If so, is there a way to run backend PowerShell commands from the app? I have a customer wanting to automate some backend server functions using PowerShell but use Win32 Desktop as the front-end user interface.

Thanks ahead of time!

Scott

Corona apps required OpenGL 2.1 support. Some Windows Server’s may not have a sufficient graphics card (since they are intended to be servers).  Corona supports an os.exec() API call, but I’m not sure if it would run PowerShell or cmd.exe. It might run whatever the default is or it could be set to run cmd.exe.

Have you tried?

Rob

Thanks for the quick response Rob. I have not tried it. Since PowerShell will work on desktops, I think I will try it there before I ask my customer to give me access to their servers. If I can’t get PS to run on the desktop then it may not make much sense to even try in their server environment.

Thanks again,

Scott

Corona apps required OpenGL 2.1 support. Some Windows Server’s may not have a sufficient graphics card (since they are intended to be servers).  Corona supports an os.exec() API call, but I’m not sure if it would run PowerShell or cmd.exe. It might run whatever the default is or it could be set to run cmd.exe.

Have you tried?

Rob

Thanks for the quick response Rob. I have not tried it. Since PowerShell will work on desktops, I think I will try it there before I ask my customer to give me access to their servers. If I can’t get PS to run on the desktop then it may not make much sense to even try in their server environment.

Thanks again,

Scott