Work placement / support for college students (Watford, UK)

I teach college based students simple games programming using Corona SDK on Windows based platform and would like to linkup with “real” developers to give students some help and advice over a period of time. The link could develop into any area but my students would appreciate links with game developers and I would expect the assignment work the students produce to be of a very high quality.

Could you offer a few hours of your expertise over a period of time?
Could you be a “sponsor” or offer a work placement for a few weeks to either a student or member of staff to enable their skills to improve?
Do you know anyone who could help?

I look forward to hearing from the community.

Is there no one out there developing apps that can help the next generation. If you cannot help directly is there a chance that you know of a company that might be able to help? I am looking for pointers not handouts! I have studnets that wish to enter the programming/games field of the industry and I would like to show them what it is really like. Cleo Whittington came for a day this year and I had comments such as “Awesome” from my students. They were “over the moon” that a developer would take time and actually look and talk to them and give an honest opinion - my appreciation goes out to her for the time and effort. Maybe the Corona Labs staff could give me some pointers of where to look?

Let me ask around.

Hi Robert.H,

I’ll contact our Ambassadors to see if any of them might be available as well.

Hi again,

Does anyone have a spec for a game that I could use. I have never been in the games industry and have never seen what you expect to see as a professional games spec. Given what I am attempting to do with my students I would like to present them with a potetial real or “real looking” spec.

Do you have a game spec that I could potential try out with them?

Thanks for all the offers of help - I will get back to the emails but this is a busy time as assignments are flooding in as term is about to end and students are just remembering all of the missing work - I’m sure that none of you left work to the last minute!!!

Is there no one out there developing apps that can help the next generation. If you cannot help directly is there a chance that you know of a company that might be able to help? I am looking for pointers not handouts! I have studnets that wish to enter the programming/games field of the industry and I would like to show them what it is really like. Cleo Whittington came for a day this year and I had comments such as “Awesome” from my students. They were “over the moon” that a developer would take time and actually look and talk to them and give an honest opinion - my appreciation goes out to her for the time and effort. Maybe the Corona Labs staff could give me some pointers of where to look?

Let me ask around.

Hi Robert.H,

I’ll contact our Ambassadors to see if any of them might be available as well.

Hi again,

Does anyone have a spec for a game that I could use. I have never been in the games industry and have never seen what you expect to see as a professional games spec. Given what I am attempting to do with my students I would like to present them with a potetial real or “real looking” spec.

Do you have a game spec that I could potential try out with them?

Thanks for all the offers of help - I will get back to the emails but this is a busy time as assignments are flooding in as term is about to end and students are just remembering all of the missing work - I’m sure that none of you left work to the last minute!!!