.xcappdata what is it, and how do I fix it?

I uploaded an App to Apple AppStore last night, it got verified and everything look good, until I received an email back, before even submitting it for review. I have no idea what xcappdata is, nor able to find much about it, and in Apples mail they are both for and against it. First they write it’s missing, then it’s not allowed? Any ideas?

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, “[Productname]” 1.0.0 (2020.10.130011). Please correct the following issues, then upload again.
ITMS-90036: This bundle is invalid - The Info.plist file for /Payload/[Buildname]/Functions/[bundleid] 2020-10-11 22:30.12.611.xcappdata is missing or could not be read.
ITMS-90207: Invalid Bundle - The bundle at ‘/Payload/[Buildname]/Functions/[bundleid] 2020-10-11 22:30.12.611.xcappdata’ does not contain a bundle executable.
ITMS-90566: Invalid Bundle Structure - - The bundle at ‘/Payload/[Buildname]/Functions/[bundleid] 2020-10-11 22:30.12.611.xcappdata’ is not permitted. Do not include xcappdata bundles in your app.
ITMS-90036: This bundle is invalid - The Info.plist file for /Payload/[Buildname]/Functions/[bundleid] 2020-10-11 22:51.23.965.xcappdata is missing or could not be read.
ITMS-90207: Invalid Bundle - The bundle at ‘/Payload/[Buildname]/Functions/[bundleid] 2020-10-11 22:51.23.965.xcappdata’ does not contain a bundle executable.
ITMS-90566: Invalid Bundle Structure - - The bundle at ‘/Payload/[Buildname]/Functions/[bundleid] 2020-10-11 22:51.23.965.xcappdata’ is not permitted. Do not include xcappdata bundles in your app.
Best regards,
The App Store Team

You may want to search Google for those ITMS messages and go through the documentation for Provision and Building - iOS once again.

It may also be a good idea to share your Solar2D and Xcode version along with your build.settings file so others can debug.

My suggestion is to:

1. Rename the iap file as a .zip and then look inside and see what you find.
  2. Make sure you don’t have any invisible folders and files that might be included.

In general, the ignore section of the default build setting has not kept up with the recent additions to the Android build. In your case, I suspect you have a folder with random stuff that apple is finding.

Thank you very much for your contribution. I was able to find the problem. In error I had placed two containers of files in the Solar2D project, when I downloaded them from my iPhone to debug.

Thank you very much for your contribution. I was able to find the problem. In error I had placed two containers of files in the Solar2D project, when I downloaded them from my iPhone to debug. Your suggestion help me to find the files in the the build.

1 Like