Xcode 11.5 support?

I haven’t looked into this development platform in a while and I think I needed to recompile my app for the AppStore.
I’m still on Corona 2020.3582 (2020.4.19) on Catalina 10.15.4 with Xcode 11.4.1 and compiled uploaded my app to the store for review.

Is Xcode 11.5 supported?
Do I need to go the latest Solar2D (Solar2D 2020.3595 as of the date of this email)?

I upgraded to xcode 11.5 today and the simulator complained about it. You should stick with 11.4.1 for now. I’m running build 3595.

1 Like

It has been 7 days since Xcode 11.5 was released and Corona/Solar2D does not support it. This is the very first test of how Apple always changes things, making it difficult for Vlad to keep up. My concern now is that Vlad is working 100% on the offline build (Alpha version) build 3596. It’s not a PUBLIC RELEASE. So, we can use Xcode 11.4.1 for as long as Apple will let us, for now. Let’s pray Vlad is able to get the new offline build version ready for its first PUBLIC RELEASE, and hopefully it will support Xcode 11.5 during a build.

@vlads, what do you think? Anyone else want to chime in? Is my assesment accurate?

1 Like

Thank you for the reminder. Bumping xcode version is relatively easy. New build should be up soon.

@vlads, will you be creating an online version that bumps xcode version, too? Or only the new offline version 3596?

Offline first. Getting online version now is little complicated. But it is possible for couple days still.

Hey there. Thanks @troylyndon for the reminder. I published both offline/online build with Xcode 11.5. This is probably the last build I would be able to make with coronalabs infrastructure.

@vlads Thanks for the update but I’m as a newbie coming back to Corona/Solar2D, I’m not quite sure what this means.
Is there now a version of Solar2D that I can use with Xcode 11.5 that can publish apps for distribution in the AppStore?
Sorry for all the basic questions!

@vlads thanks for being so responsive to support the new Xcode 11.5 :grinning:

1 Like

I only see one version and the latest is Solar2D 2020.3598.
Is there another version somewhere else or does this version work in both “offline” and “online” mode?

3583 from coronalabs.com and 3598+ from GitHub. They use separate build systems.

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.
Sounds like I should start moving to the Solar2D version assuming that’s the “offline” version.

@fly4 - yes, 3583 is the ONLINE version that supports Xcode 11.5, and 3598+ is the OFFLINE version that does the same. I have both working without difficulty.

1 Like