XD Corona soldier fallen

I just boot up my laptop and the fan begun to run really faster, so I quickly tried to unplug it from energy but… Now it just don’t work anymore.

Well, just wanted to say that.

That’s sad.

Man, I hate that feeling.  My (very) old iMac is really on it’s last legs at the moment but there’s no easy way to replace it yet (ie lack of funds).

About 14 years ago I ran a web server from my parents house in the UK but was living in Canada. I had a knack for deciding to do maintenance work on it at the stupidest of times.

This one time, they’d literally just gotten to the airport to come for a 3 week visit, and I decided that was the perfect time to compile a new kernel and invoke a reboot. This was before hot-swappable Linux kernels were a thing.

My parents got on their flight, I invoked the reboot, and that was the last I saw of this server for 3 weeks. They returned home to find I’d literally melted the motherboard. The CPU fan had gotten so dusty that it was presumably too heavy for the motor to start it spinning again, so the CPU had burned a rather large chunk out of the board.

That was a sad day.

Yeah, that’s a worse experience…

I am using my parent’s laptop since yesterday so I’m partially in, again!

Ah, damn that sucks. Sorry to hear it man.

One thing I do like about Corona development: project are typically pretty small, so I can do all my work right in a Dropbox folder and have it synced and backed up in the cloud, so I never lose any work.

That’s sad.

Man, I hate that feeling.  My (very) old iMac is really on it’s last legs at the moment but there’s no easy way to replace it yet (ie lack of funds).

About 14 years ago I ran a web server from my parents house in the UK but was living in Canada. I had a knack for deciding to do maintenance work on it at the stupidest of times.

This one time, they’d literally just gotten to the airport to come for a 3 week visit, and I decided that was the perfect time to compile a new kernel and invoke a reboot. This was before hot-swappable Linux kernels were a thing.

My parents got on their flight, I invoked the reboot, and that was the last I saw of this server for 3 weeks. They returned home to find I’d literally melted the motherboard. The CPU fan had gotten so dusty that it was presumably too heavy for the motor to start it spinning again, so the CPU had burned a rather large chunk out of the board.

That was a sad day.

Yeah, that’s a worse experience…

I am using my parent’s laptop since yesterday so I’m partially in, again!

Ah, damn that sucks. Sorry to hear it man.

One thing I do like about Corona development: project are typically pretty small, so I can do all my work right in a Dropbox folder and have it synced and backed up in the cloud, so I never lose any work.