You got a problem?

What happened to Solar2dTux? Anyone? No announcement? Not even a whimper? No death rattle?

It’s free…but pulling the plug without so much as a word is - at the very least - rude. And quite unprofessional, to boot.

No, no one owes anyone an explanation…but don’t get mad if I believe such to be rude and misanthropic and return in kind without one. Not a post, not an email, hell I didn’t even get a GitHub notification…

I just got wicked awesome at Lua, too. A whole year learning to code. Well…Defold works on Linux I suppose. Back to the drawing board.

Life happens… But nary a word? I always liked the underdog…but sometimes when everything is up to one person and they fold on you this is what happens. Life happens to all of us…but I try not to hit others when I get hit with sh&+.

I’m big mad. Shame on you. I don’t so much mind it had to be set aside as being COMPLETELY ignorant of the fact until I go eagerly to get the latest release and…

“This repository is archived…”

Ohhh that really burned my biscuit…knew I should have learned Unity. SMH.

Smells like shenanigans…

Hello!

Solar2DTux was a 100% community led project with Danny as the only person who actively worked on it.

He made a clear announcement concerning his decision to stop working on Solar2DTux in early March. He didn’t, however, make the announcements here on the forums, but on the official Solar2D Discord channel that he had specified as the “main source of news and discussion concerning Solar2DTux” in the main forum Solar2DTux forum thread that I recently closed.

Solar2DTux was never an official part of Solar2D. It was always a community project mainly run by a single person.

Like you said, life happened and Danny moved onto other projects and he failed to find anyone to carry on his work.