ZeroConf Wow! Any sample apps out there?

Corona does it again!  Like Corona Live Builds, ZeroConf seems to come out of nowhere and offer a whole new world do possibilities.  

I’m a network novice.  I did get a Coronium server up and running to support an app and now I’d like to build a local multiplayer game using ZeroConf.  

I’m excited to try this new feature but not ready to devote enough time to conquer the initial learning curve at the moment.  If anyone develops a sample multiplayer app using ZeroConf and would care to share, that would be great.  I would pay for it as an asset on the Corona Marketplace or wherever.

Thanks again Corona team - keep the surprises coming!

Search for “AUTOLAN”. This is an older, but popular peer-to-peer solution. It does it’s own discovery process, which could be adapted to use ZeroConf.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I’ll check it out.  Please let me know if anything else comes to mind that would be helpful on this journey.

I too would like to see a working example of these feature. I did take  look at Autolan (Including RG’s update within SSK2). I compiled the newer Pong demo, but while it ran, I couldn’t get a connection to work between 2 phones on the same network. So there wasn’t much point trying to connect it here. 

Admittedly I’m not a multiplayer network expert, but I did expect to be able to figure it out if it worked to begin with.

Have you considered replying on that thread (unless it’s archived already)? Maybe start a new thread with AUTOLAN in the title to see if you can get the attention of some of the developers who got AUTOLAN working again?

Rob

Actually, I think it was my mistake, I used the pong3 demo whereas the pong demo is the working one. 

Since then I was able to get it working on multiple devices.

You can try my library that I have been working on for my games. I put it up on github:

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/69294-zero-conf-rob-miracle-multi-player/

Search for “AUTOLAN”. This is an older, but popular peer-to-peer solution. It does it’s own discovery process, which could be adapted to use ZeroConf.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I’ll check it out.  Please let me know if anything else comes to mind that would be helpful on this journey.

I too would like to see a working example of these feature. I did take  look at Autolan (Including RG’s update within SSK2). I compiled the newer Pong demo, but while it ran, I couldn’t get a connection to work between 2 phones on the same network. So there wasn’t much point trying to connect it here. 

Admittedly I’m not a multiplayer network expert, but I did expect to be able to figure it out if it worked to begin with.

Have you considered replying on that thread (unless it’s archived already)? Maybe start a new thread with AUTOLAN in the title to see if you can get the attention of some of the developers who got AUTOLAN working again?

Rob

Actually, I think it was my mistake, I used the pong3 demo whereas the pong demo is the working one. 

Since then I was able to get it working on multiple devices.

You can try my library that I have been working on for my games. I put it up on github:

https://forums.coronalabs.com/topic/69294-zero-conf-rob-miracle-multi-player/