$0.02 DAY

Hello guys,

I have noticed that I am getting 0.02/day today and the day before. Is that what you getting too? I just want to make sure it is not just my app. +1 for that suggestion the other day about getting some heads up on the Revmob dashboard on time when the eCPM is super low. In the meantime we could use this thread to note when those days happens so people won’t panic like I do now!

Thanks.

Mo

ps: So far I LOVE Revmob! I am getting 2-3X than the paid app! Thank God for Revmob:) [import]uid: 100814 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 335771[/import]

I’m just throwing this out there so take it for what its worth.

But maybe if you concentrated more on your actual game versus these Micro Sale schemes you would be able to enjoy a lift with the free press. You’re game is GREAT but pretty simple… it could be easily expanded into something more ‘game like’ that enjoys press reviews.

What if your ‘SpaceCommander’, who defends these planets, traveled across a galaxy, each point in the galaxy was a different stage of difficulty in your game. Maybe a cut scene showing a general telling you, that you are almost there or something.

I fear that Corona has become a place where people are more interested in making a quick buck with add revenue than focusing on the art of games.
[import]uid: 100299 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142292[/import]

@Lava Level. I hear you. Yes the game is NOT finished but believe me when I say that Space Command is not a great way to make a buck. The game took 2 years to develop (part time)! We cannot call that a quick way to make a buck. LOL I wanted to release a more finished game (aliens attacking…) but come to the realization that after 2 years my game did not meet a single customer (other than couple beta testers ) So I decided to release the most polished app I could and add to it as time permit. GREAT ideas by the way. Thanks!

In term of monetization, I came to realize also that paid is probably not the best way and I am exploring other avenue like Revmob. And as I said, I am very pleased with it. Sure it has bad days but I think it is one of the best ad network around.

Thanks again for your comments.

Mo [import]uid: 100814 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142295[/import]

I am seeing the RevMob CPMs go off a cliff this weekend, too. Something must definitely not be reporting correctly with their revenue data. Is this the case, Paulo/Gui?

Thanks [import]uid: 25108 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142299[/import]

Geesh, well then in that way it’s way better to get it out to as many customers as possible. Have you considered maybe making a light version (free) that points to the 99cent one that has juuuuust a little more? Because I bought the 99cent one, and so maybe the free one is without ads? Are they the same thing, one with ads one without? [import]uid: 100299 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142300[/import]

THANKS for buying SC! Yes the only difference is the ads. They both the same game (no limitation) And yes you are right, the BIG mistake was not put it in front of customers long time ago and then updated as I go. Like many developers I wanted to put out the PERFECT app on day one. I cannot imagine how many apps I could have done during that period of time. Still I am happy that I was able to release a polished game. It took a long time to learn all the different aspect of the game dev (special effects, saving game settings, social, cleaning memory leaks…) So it is an experience I can use for my future games…

Mo [import]uid: 100814 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142302[/import]

@marshman, thanks for reporting. I feel better. I am sure it will clear up… [import]uid: 100814 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142303[/import]

Oh definitely I think it is a great start! Plus since you are out there free, I dont think it would take much to push this further. However I TOTALLY understand about putting out an imperfect app, lol. I am in the middle of a major update scramble myself!!!

I see a TON of potential for the game, and I actually find myself playing it a lot. The high-res graphics are nice, and apparently the ONLY way to go on iPAD with Corona. (because they force bilinear filtering! ARGGHH!) So I got my 1$ out of it. [import]uid: 100299 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142306[/import]

Thanks! I appreciate the kind comments.

Time! not enough hours in the day:) There are many options but not enough time:(

By the way what is bilinear filtering? and why is it important? [import]uid: 100814 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142310[/import]

When you scale a pixel graphic it ALWAYS bilinear filters it or blurs it to the nearest edge neighbor. This is why my game looks blurry on an iPAD. The solution I was given was to @2 times my graphics… :frowning: @2 Times PIXEL GRAPHICS?

And Why has Corona completely become ignorant to what is out there as far as games. Have they never seen Pocket Planes or the 100s of other succesful iOS Pixel games?

Now they have it UP FOR VOTE. But most of the community doesn’t get it so I dont expect it to come until maybe next year.

Anyhow, if Corona had their ear closer to the ground on the actual GAMES, aesthetics of games, who uses their engine who has 25+ years exp in the game industry rather than who wants schwag and throws Corona parties, then maybe their system would live up to its slogan “Code less, play more” and your game wouldnt have taken 2 years to make.

[import]uid: 100299 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142311[/import]

Not sure about the 2 years (since I started actually with DragonFire SDK for 6 months before switching to Corona) Still, I think you right that most people (including me) have no clue about advanced graphics so you cannot vote for something you are not aware off!

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciated it.

Mo [import]uid: 100814 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142312[/import]

technically I guess it would be less advanced graphics. So you could keep the ‘pixel’ look at larger resolutions…
but anyway. I think they need to focus on helping the developers by standardizing their engine, so you wouldn’t have to rely on ads schemes. I’ll get off it now.
[import]uid: 100299 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142313[/import]

I hope revmob installs are backed up, cause today i had 3400 clicks and 18 installs.

Thats an install rate of 0.55%

Normally the average is 1 install per 70 clicks

[import]uid: 50459 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142314[/import]

I also got a super low IR today,
It seem not normal. [import]uid: 143797 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142327[/import]

Same here. Low IR again. This happened last week too if I remember correctly when an advertisers server went down or something. [import]uid: 79620 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142328[/import]

I just got an email from revmob that this is just a temporary reporting problem with one of the biggest advertisers, no installs are lost and should be resolved soon, so I guess it will be fine. [import]uid: 215663 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142330[/import]

Same here. High CTR but very very low IR. It also happened last week and they said the lost installs will be added once their servers are fixed. Emailed them but they haven’t responded at all. [import]uid: 44127 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142343[/import]

Check your console guys, I think they fixed the missing installs… [import]uid: 93133 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142359[/import]

Oh yeah! me like :slight_smile: [import]uid: 70847 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142361[/import]

Yup. Looks like all my installs were accounted for now :slight_smile: [import]uid: 79620 topic_id: 35771 reply_id: 142373[/import]