12 months 12 games

In 12 months time you’ll look back at your code and think to yourself “did I really write that?”

Oh yeah :wink:
I’ve been programming for over 15 years, and I’m still surprised over some things I do when I look at it after a while :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah I’ve been thinking about doing something similar - ever since I quit my business programming job to do this I’ve been swapping between bigger projects and little mobile games - so hard to know what will work out.

Hey - isn’t this your third game? pretty sure…

It’s hard knowing what will be best.

I hope that thinking longterm and building up a reasonable user base will be a good thing for me.

Maybe when I have built enough games I will switch and build larger games instead.

Yes, the third game :slight_smile: And the fourth is underway. Will be released early 2019 :slight_smile:

Version 1.1 of Beelly has been released on App Store and Google Play.

I got a lot of feedback that the controls were too hard. So in this version, you can choose to use on-screen touch controls instead of tilting. Just open up settings and choose the steering mode you’ll prefer :slight_smile:

Version 1.2 is out on Google Play and App Store now! 

The start has been made easier. So with more space around Beelly you’ll be off to a flying start :slight_smile:

Been a while since I’ve posted an update in this thread.

Currently, I’m working on the next game and it’s taken a little more time to build than first anticipated.

The game will be a puzzle game and I have already built more than 100 levels! The game will help you to build up your memory.

Will post more information and some screenshots in a while. I hope I’m able to release the game early February.

My fourth game Blackout has just been released!

YouTube trailer:

https://youtu.be/BSy9uHnQ9WM

Here’s the description of the game:

It’s simple and hard. It trains your brain. You’re going to love it!

Blackout is a memory puzzle game where you need to remember a pattern before the shadow comes. 

If you’re looking for a relaxing game which also helps you improve your memory, look no further. Blackout will be the perfect game for you!

Game features:

-Over 100 levels. And more are coming!

-Trains your brain

-Free to play

Download it for free!

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blackout/id1447937919

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.antisocial.blackout

Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

played it until I had to wait 10 mins(!) to play again…thought about watching ads and paying…but just not willing to.

Good game though - was easy at start - I thought too easy…and then it got really hard…

pretty slick, did see a few problems though. Anyways - well done. I might turn it on again.

I realize the need to monetize but maybe this one leans a little too hard on that too soon - I was almost getting addicted before it stopped me from playing…

@joelutting! Thanks for testing the game and leaving a review :slight_smile:

It’s actually 20 minutes between every free life, just like Candy Crush. 

I know the start is easy, but I wanted to really show the user how things work.

What problems did you find?

The monetization isn’t just for earning money on the game. The fact that you only have 5 lives and then you have to wait will hopefully make you want to come back. This way you don’t play 20 levels and then you’re tired. I might solve it in a different way if I find a better way to do it :slight_smile:

Nothing wrong with a lives schema if you choose that.  Although for a new game it can prove a tricky metric to balance.

You can keep lives but offer a new life per reward video viewed?  This is a popular mechanic.

Reality check: you are not CC and maybe regenerate lives every 5 mins?

A new life per video is something I did think about, but I haven’t implemented it yet.
I didn’t mean to compare my game to CC. I just meant that I like their idea that if you don’t play too much, you might want to come back for more. Maybe 20 mins are too much and I need to adjust this.

Thanks for the tips!

ah - interesting. I did go back today and play a bit more - so I guess that worked - here is the problem for me…I got the impression I had to wait 10 mins IN GAME, not that I could just go away and come back later.

If that was clearer it might be quite good - I did want to keep playing at the end of my lives and was quite annoyed I would have to wait around - I have not seen this method before so it was not obvious to me what it meant.

What problems did I find? minor things - a title was only showing top half of text on the screen between levels, I got a bit confused as to what to do at some points - on the map; tapping things eventually got me going (but it was not obvious to me), finally achievements don’t seem to work. I’m at level 25 and have none of the achievements even though it states you get them on level 5,10, 20. Also pressing back on my phone didn’t leave the game which I am used to, so it was a bit annoying - not sure if this is something ppl usually put in.

Thanks for more input Joel! This is really helpful!

Nice to know that it wasn’t clear enough. That’s so important to fix. I have also added the other bugs you pointed out to my todo-list, so these things will be fixed asap.

A new version of SquareSpinner, Beelly and Blackout has been published :slight_smile:

SquareSpinner:
-Made the game a little bit easier

-Added an About screen

-Some other optimizations

Beelly:

-Made the game a little bit easier

-Set Touch as default steering mode

Blackout:

-Added a leaderboard

-Changed some helper texts

-Fixed a couple of issues

Thanks to everyone who’s given me feedback to work on :slight_smile:

My fifth game will soon be released. Will be posting information about it here in not many days :D 

It’s an endless platformer game. Looking forward to posting it here and hear what you think about it.
Stay tuned!

My fifth game is now on App Store and Google play :smiley:

The game is called Scolors, and it’s an endless platformer. You steer the main character by tapping the screen which will

make him jump. Your objective is to time the jumping so you don’t hit a block with different colors than your character.

Every time you jump through a block with the correct color, your score increases. There are also stars you can pick up which

will increase your score multiplier.

YouTube trailer:

https://youtu.be/vdwJYh7TlpA

App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/scolors/id1451650715

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.antisocial.scolors

I hope that you like it, and I would really appreciate your honest feedback :slight_smile:

This might be your best yet - had a go - quite compelling, and I slowly got better, which I like about games that seem really hard at the start. Gave it 5 stars, but I’m still the bottom of the small rankings. as soon as those gaps came in the platform I got stuckl :frowning:

well done.

Thank you, Joel! That’s nice of you to say :slight_smile:

Yeah, it gets a little bit harder when the gaps come. But without them it was too easy :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, I’ve been featured in “New games we love” by Apple :smiley: Over 600 new scores in the game center since yesterday :slight_smile: