Activating Corona Ads plugin without implementation CRASHES my app

PLEASE HELP! I cannot continue development.

Yes, I activated Corona Ads but have not implemented it in my code yet.

The result is that when I run my app on Android, it doesn’t crash, but it continues to look with this error:

E/Corona  (17120): ERROR: Unable to resolve host “monetize-api.coronalabs.com”: No address associated with hostname

E/Corona  (17120): ERROR: Unable to resolve host “monetize-api.coronalabs.com”: No address associated with hostname

Do  you have network connectivity from the device? I just did an nslookup from the command line and it resolved.

Are there any other errors perhaps from other activities (just run “adb logcat”)?

Rob

As I mentioned in the other string, my ping works, too for monetize-api.coronalabs.com - so the problem is deeper than just a ping.

The following issues are holding me up from submitting to Apple on Tuesday. I can ping them fine, which makes the message particularly curious.

E/Corona  (23812): ERROR: Unable to resolve host “monetize-api.coronalabs.com”: No address associated with hostname

E/Corona  (23812): ERROR: Unable to resolve host “stats.coronalabs.com”: No address associated with hostname

V/Corona  (23812): Loading via reflection: CoronaProvider.ads.admob.LuaLoader
I/Corona  (23812): [Lua::RuntimeDispatchEvent()] WARNING: This function is deprecated. Use Lua::DispatchRuntimeEvent() instead.

Could you try with your network configured to use Google’s Public DNS [https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/]?

Hey Vamsee, I appreciate you trying to help.

Can you help me understand your idea? The problem I’m having is that I can ping these domains without any trouble. But I’m getting these messages from my App in Corona:

E/Corona  (23812): ERROR: Unable to resolve host “monetize-api.coronalabs.com”: No address associated with hostname

E/Corona  (23812): ERROR: Unable to resolve host “stats.coronalabs.com”: No address associated with hostname

Notice how both are coronalabs domains and they are not domains that I control? So, how can I use Google’s Public DNS to solve this problem?

Hey,

As I mentioned, we ran a quick check on our systems and have confirmed that all our systems are up and running. From what I understand, the issue you are facing is that while you are able to ping the said domains, your app is unable to find them.

This is not an issue with the code [either Corona Ads or your own] but rather some sort of weirdness with your network  settings, particularly your DNS - the DNS is not able to resolve these two domain names to an IP but only when network calls are coming from your mobile device.

As a workaround, I suggest using Google’s DNS servers instead of your ISP defaults [which are being used during your testing].

On iPhone/iPad, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Select the ‘info’ icon next to your connection -> Select tab “DHCP”. You should see a list of settings “IP Address”, “Subnet Mask” and so on.

Tap on the “DNS” setting and add Google’s DNS servers [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4].

Now your device should be using Google’s DNS servers instead of your ISP defaults.

Hope this helps.

Do  you have network connectivity from the device? I just did an nslookup from the command line and it resolved.

Are there any other errors perhaps from other activities (just run “adb logcat”)?

Rob

As I mentioned in the other string, my ping works, too for monetize-api.coronalabs.com - so the problem is deeper than just a ping.

The following issues are holding me up from submitting to Apple on Tuesday. I can ping them fine, which makes the message particularly curious.

V/Corona  (23812): Loading via reflection: CoronaProvider.ads.admob.LuaLoader
I/Corona  (23812): [Lua::RuntimeDispatchEvent()] WARNING: This function is deprecated. Use Lua::DispatchRuntimeEvent() instead.

Could you try with your network configured to use Google’s Public DNS [https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/]?

Hey Vamsee, I appreciate you trying to help.

Can you help me understand your idea? The problem I’m having is that I can ping these domains without any trouble. But I’m getting these messages from my App in Corona:

Notice how both are coronalabs domains and they are not domains that I control? So, how can I use Google’s Public DNS to solve this problem?

Hey,

As I mentioned, we ran a quick check on our systems and have confirmed that all our systems are up and running. From what I understand, the issue you are facing is that while you are able to ping the said domains, your app is unable to find them.

This is not an issue with the code [either Corona Ads or your own] but rather some sort of weirdness with your network  settings, particularly your DNS - the DNS is not able to resolve these two domain names to an IP but only when network calls are coming from your mobile device.

As a workaround, I suggest using Google’s DNS servers instead of your ISP defaults [which are being used during your testing].

On iPhone/iPad, go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Select the ‘info’ icon next to your connection -> Select tab “DHCP”. You should see a list of settings “IP Address”, “Subnet Mask” and so on.

Tap on the “DNS” setting and add Google’s DNS servers [8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4].

Now your device should be using Google’s DNS servers instead of your ISP defaults.

Hope this helps.