Actual KIDOZ version used by Corona? IDFA should be off!

I wonder which version of Kidoz (plugin) is used by Corona? Where can I see this here on the site?

There should be a new version from beginning of this week NOT using IDFA so it can be used on iOS and I would like to know if this version is automatically used when building with Corona version 3528?

Older versions are not allowed by Apple and get not through review because there still is a call to IDFA. The new version is not making this call anymore.

I think Kidoz is one of those plugins maintained by the vendor. I would contact them and see if they can update it. Why are you still using 3528 by the way?

Thanks for your fast help!

Does this mean it then will also work with a 3528 build?

I am using this build because I right now don’t want to change a running system. I will update when I have more time left.

It is up to them. They just have to put it in that folder. Ask them nicely.

So if they do I could use it with the old build because it is a plugin, correct?

So when you deploy to the plugin you put it in a folder and that is the min required for that plugin. For my plugins it is too much work to go back and test it on a older version of corona so when I make an update I only put it in the version I tested.

So something like:

2018.xxxx folder: would have a version of a plugin I built last year. Anybody using that version up to the next version will get that.

2019.xx73 folder: would have my current version of the plugin. Anybody using corona version 73 and above would get that.

This is what one of my plugins currently looks like. So in my case with your Corona version you would get the 2018.3502 version (that one is not currently valid for Google Play store).

KIDOZ is really good about contacting us with regards to new plugins. They work with us to get their plugin into the repository. The current version is 8.8.5 and was published on 6-Jan-2020

Their current version will work with any version of Corona starting with 2018.3313.

KIDOZ contacted us on Monday about a new version. I don’t know if Vlad has had a chance to respond to Kidoz or not.

Rob

Any news on this? Because the deadline at Apple for kids apps including ads is tomorrow March 3! All ads in Kids apps must have the IDFA check removed and this is only happening in the newest KIDOZ version.

You can try and upgrade it yourself if Vlad has not had a chance. I can probably create a video.

I’ll try and find out.

Thanks a lot! I have no idea where to begin with :slight_smile:

Thank you very much Rob!

Here is the video for Android. Will try to do the iOS one tomorrow:

1 Like

Kidoz iOS is  1.3.4.1, it should not use IDFA, updated on Feb 23

Thank you for your help and feedback vlads! Much appreciated!

@agramonte: Thanks a lot for your help too!

One question: Can this plugin update be used with an older Corona build? (3528)

iOS plugin supposedly works with 2018.3313+.

But also, using latest daily builds is recommended, because of Android SDK requirements (it targets 28)

Thank you!

I need this on iOS and have uploaded a new binary which was build using Corona 3528. This version was rejected by Apple because it still is using IDFA! I am only using the KIDOZ plugin and have no idea why this still is an issue?

Any help welcome!!!

BTW: I noticed during the submission for review process I could not send this binary to review when I checked is NOT USING IDFA. Can this be used as an automatic check before sending it to Apple review maybe? I get the automatic message that the build is using IDFA which the review team also has told me later.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks. I’m looking into the issue with Kidoz developers.

Thank you so much for your help! Much appreciated!

Hey guys. So Kidoz dev sent me new SDK 1.3.5, without implicit linking of AdSupport/IDFA framework. Plugin is live now. Feel free to rebuild and resubmit your apps.

AWESOME vlads! Thank you so much!

Submission now has worked fine and I hope the review also will now be positive.