AdBuddiz Build Error

Whenever I try to include the AdBuddiz plugin in my project I’m getting the following error.  The same code builds and runs fine for Android. 

2014-10-14 11:47:40.439 Corona Simulator[8605:507] Runtime error

/Users/user23020/Dropbox/J&J Studios LLC/Builds/myApp.app/.build/libtemplate/Builder.lua:310: <error>{“status”:256,“message”:“ld: framework not found Metal for architecture armv7\nclang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)”}</error>

stack traceback:

C: in function ‘assert’

/Users/user23020/Dropbox/J&J Studios LLC/Builds/myApp.app/.build/libtemplate/Builder.lua:310: in function ‘checkError’

/Users/user23020/Dropbox/J&J Studios LLC/Builds/myApp.app/.build/libtemplate/Builder.lua:333: in function ‘build’

?: in function ‘buildExe’

?: in function <?:624>

Here are the versions for Corona, Xcode, and OS X:

Corona 2014.2393a

Xcode 6.01

OS X 10.9.5

Anyone have any ideas on what’s causing it?

Hi,

AdBuddiz absolutely doesn’t use Metal.

I found some info that might explain the reasons of your problem : http://www.appsee.com/blog/dev/xcode-new-link-frameworks-automatically-fix-framework-not-found-metal-for-architecture-armv7

Are you sure your problem is directly linked to the AdBuddiz plugin ?

Thanks for your answers, don’t hesitate to contact me directly : etienne at adbuddiz dot com

Thanks for tracking that down.  It definitely looks similar to the problem I was having.  That didn’t actually solve the problem for me but it did get me poking around the internals of Xcode.  I found that even though I had Xcode 6.01 installed the Command Line Tool was still pointing at an earlier version of Xcode.  Once I corrected that the I could build the project without any issues.  

Thanks for the help!

Awesome! :wink:

Hi,

AdBuddiz absolutely doesn’t use Metal.

I found some info that might explain the reasons of your problem : http://www.appsee.com/blog/dev/xcode-new-link-frameworks-automatically-fix-framework-not-found-metal-for-architecture-armv7

Are you sure your problem is directly linked to the AdBuddiz plugin ?

Thanks for your answers, don’t hesitate to contact me directly : etienne at adbuddiz dot com

Thanks for tracking that down.  It definitely looks similar to the problem I was having.  That didn’t actually solve the problem for me but it did get me poking around the internals of Xcode.  I found that even though I had Xcode 6.01 installed the Command Line Tool was still pointing at an earlier version of Xcode.  Once I corrected that the I could build the project without any issues.  

Thanks for the help!

Awesome! :wink: