AdMob appropriate delay before calling .show()

Hi team,

After the retirement of the Corona Ad service I’ve decided to purchase an subscription to the AdMob plugin - however I have a problem with the integration.

In the doc’s it state that I should call admob.show only after checking that the ad has been loaded - and in the example specified the comment states “sometime later”

My question is - how long is sometime?

Given that we register a listener function I would have assumed that an event would have been fired to say when an ad has been loaded but I can’t see anything being fired other than the initial “init” event.

Should I wait a prescribed amount of time - or should I try and implement some kind of polling check?

Any examples or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Regards

You can simply call load() as early as possible. A “loaded” event will be sent to your listener when an ad has been loaded. The best option is to use the isLoaded() function where you can check if an ad is loaded before you call show().

Ok - got it working now, I’m definately seeing the events now - also seeing the “closed” one when interstitials are getting closed.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

You can simply call load() as early as possible. A “loaded” event will be sent to your listener when an ad has been loaded. The best option is to use the isLoaded() function where you can check if an ad is loaded before you call show().

Ok - got it working now, I’m definately seeing the events now - also seeing the “closed” one when interstitials are getting closed.

Thanks for your help :slight_smile: